Mustache March

john

I believe you are referring to Armpit April. Ugh.

Furry February and Armpit April actually might not be such a bad idea. I bet this would significantly reduce the number of sexual assaults, particularly if they incorporate some type of anti-hygiene component.

I've been searching through several threads and am having a hard time finding the picture/OP. Someone posted a picture of their tailgate with a picture of General Olds that said "I'm with Olds" can someone post or message me the link. I'm interested in getting the image from the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn it. The last time I did Mustache March, I said "never again". Then I grew a stache on my very first deployment; afterwards I said "never again". Then I grew a stache on my second deployment; afterwards I said "never again". I made it four more deployments, stache free. This time, March rolls around and everyone's all about it. I said "never again", and I meant it.

But after reading these stories of Wing policy letters and upset generals, well damn it. I've got to do it. I've got to let that beautiful stache blow freely in the wind for all to see. The wife will be pissed and the kids will laugh at me, but this time it's too important to pass up.

I'm in. Better late than never.

• Upvote 1

Remember my days at the zoo.... back when they first brought in UCMJ (LOR's/Art 15/etc.) and got rid of tours/demerits for awhile. The ladies of that fine establishment pushed to get the skirts/clothing/hair regs of active duty....cause you know, we were going to make the zoo like the real air force and quit playing by different rules. The zoo acquiesced, but when guys pushed to get facial hair according to the big blue reg.... promptly denied.

It was one of my first glimpses at the two sidedness of big blue that would eventually come to define my constant frustration...

(maybe leadership was just scared of policing the avalanche of 3000 mustaches)

It's hard enough to get laid at that place (no rape jokes please) without a 19-yr old pube bristle on your lip

I'm not sure if you don't understand the support side organization or the CC after flight.

Support side of the house thing - Flight Commander (CC) have official photos taken and put up on the "Sq Leadership" board w/ the Sq CC, Chief and Shirt. So for the next year+ my 5 days of growth is going to be up for everyone to see.

Our Sq flights run different than your guys Ops Sq's, at least where I'm at. I've got almost 150 Amn/30 Civ in my flight running Comm Ops for the base. I think the closest comparison is ADO?

Edited by 17D_guy

I thought ESD did everything, well, once you get them on the phone after 50-minutes on hold.

I shit you all not, ESD is like a poorman's silicone valley startup company. They have scheduled breaks where all the contractors rushes into this break room complete with a couch, big screen tv w/ video game console hooked up, ping pong table and some other games. They even have lockers in the hallway, so it's like back to high school, complete with the old, non-descriptive building.

Sorry for the thread derail.

Edited by PanchBarnes
  • Upvote 1

I shit you all not, ESD is like a poorman's silicone valley startup company. They have scheduled breaks where all the contractors rushes into this break room complete with a couch, big screen tv w/ video game console hooked up, ping pong table and some other games. They even have lockers in the hallway, so it's like back to high school, complete with the old, non-descriptive building.

Sorry for the thread derail.

The one saving grace of World War III will be when the Chinaman bombs the s--- out of that building.