Question about Parking Tickets

Guest SAROTC

SO I just got back from the Mil Sci building and signed my form 35. It says on there that any more than 5 civil involements in an 18 month period require a waiver, and then makes you initial some threatening paragraph that says "you'll be watched carefully" and then the NCOs made fun of me a little bit, and then I went on my way. No big deal.

-J

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by usaf36031:

Has anybody on here actually seen somebody be disenrolled for speeding tickets?

Sorry for the thread revival, but YES!!!

It really depends on your detachment, but at my Det, it is 3 strikes and you're out. There are about 6 of us on our 2nd ticket, and if we get another we are gone. At first I thoguht this was some lame ass scare tactic...until my good friend was disenrolled because of a speeding ticket. He got booted the day we were signing our papers after just coming home from Field Training. NS he made it all 6 weeks, graduated, and then got removed one week later for a ticket.(He is now in the Army)

Parking tickets can be just as bad depending on your Det. Some people have no tolerancefor any sort of civil involvement.

BE CAREFUL! That is my advice.

At our Det, I got laughed at by my UAO for coming in to report a parking ticket the first time I got one. I haven't worried about it ever since. Our university also has a separate fine for parking in an illegal spot and parking at a parking meter with your time expiring.

Either way it's not that big of a deal here because everyone gets them. Sometimes being parked legally or illegally in a spot is a matter of the 5 minutes it takes for a legal visitor parking to turn into a faculty spot etc.

A friend of mine is a Police Cadet (not parking, but a dispatcher) and she gets to park anywhere she wants for free.

God that would be such a power trip in and of itself to be able to put your ride down anywhere.

I had my final semester counseling yesterday after reporting my 5th civil involvement. 4 speeding tickets and an expired sticker over 4 years. My Colonel just glazed over them and made sure that there was none of them were what he called "serious". No DUI's, felonies etc.

He understands that everyone gets those, but it depends on the det i suppose. He's kindof old school.