Cadet Dating

Guest afrotccadet

Guest afrotccadet

Alright...just to lighten the mood around the approaching valentines day... just to ease the tension till Categorization results are out ;)

What do you think about dating between GMC and POC? I realize that AFROTCI "highly discourages" it, but we are in college after all, and as previously mentioned...we're not officers yet.

If you keep it professional within the detachment, is it alright? Or is it out of the question always?

Opinions anyone?

AFROTCI K-3-III

Guest AirGuardian

Lightened the mood, the loafers, the wisdom necessary to disregard ecutch's post, but I'm weak so I concur!

Guest afrotccadet

___________________________________________-

Don't worry. You and your boyfriend shouldn't have any problems so long as no one asks and you don't tell.

Heh heh....well, good thing I'm talking about the OPPOSITE sex here...thanks ecutch...

Why would you want to date a cadet anyway? Maybe your school has more to offer than mine. It's like trying to find a bride in a inter-prison dating service. Seriously though, I know of some Cadets that have done it (sts) and it worked ok during college(sts); but once one of the partners leaves for AD, all bets are off.

[ 09. February 2005, 13:54: Message edited by: c17wannabe ]

Guest illini52

Stay away from the Corps when it comes to dating. 'Don't Do Blue' is another one of my sayings.

That's just a general rule of thumb to live by. 90% of the Corps relationships that i've seen don't end up well.

I would say dating betwen POC and GMC is an unprofessional relationship. It compromises too much. The only way I could see it being okay is if the relationship existed prior to one of you becoming POC. I'm going to go with some of the others here though. Why would you want to date within the corps?? There are SO many other girls out there. If you go to a tech university then look for chicks at other schools!

Originally posted by AFROTC cadet:

What do you think about dating between GMC and POC? I realize that AFROTCI "highly discourages" it, but we are in college after all, and as previously mentioned...we're not officers yet.

First question...IS SHE HOT?!??

Second, you answered your own question. You are in college and not officers yet. Sounds good to me...just be smart about it. Don't get caught banging the admiral's daughter in the Det or in the closet at the AAS meeting and you'll be fine.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

On a side note...why is it that, in general, AFROTC cadets are soooo friggin' uptight? It was that way when I was in ROTC and it sounds like it hasn't changed much. Not trying to point fingers at anyone in particular, just marveling at how wrapped around the axle people get in ROTC. Thankfully, most of those folks go on to enjoy careers in the shoe-clerk AFSCs...

Guest ShadowNav090

I think Bergman has got it figured out. Lighten Up. You are in College. Enjoy it. You will have time to wrap yourself around the "axle" on AD...If you make it. I wouldn't stress over a relationship in college. If you do, all you are asking for is a headache and gray hairs. The only unprofessional relationship in ROTC is a Cadre/Cadet relationship. Everything else is fare game. Enjoy yourself to the fullest. It will be your last chance with no responsibilities.

-R17