"secret AC"???

Guest Piperpilot2004

Guest Piperpilot2004

I was looking around my room one day bord and I came upon a GA News paper so decided to read it. Found an interesting article in there. Reportedly an aircraft contacted some air traffic control facility and said he was passing through 60,000ft. 5 minutes later the SAME pilot was heard over california. Has anybody heard about this?? Dont know who would be tracking this guy, but a few other pilots heard it and it was an article from awhile ago. I tried doing a search and nothing comes up besides UFOs. Has anybody heard the same thing, and what do you think it would be? That would be sweet to go that fast! Maybe its complete BS that a few people want to make up- but I am sure ATC has it on some tape. The pilot used the aircraft identifyer as "Test jet, or CLassified ## "(...i forget)

again this was in GA NEWS (general aviation news)

Guest Piperpilot2004

and no its not a space shuttle coming in for a landing if thats what your thinking..

or at least thats what they said in the article

Guest Piperpilot2004

1 last thing, I know there is a reason why this would be under wraps, so I am not trying to "steal" this info from anyone or make anybody upset for asking such a question that is classified, I am just curious if anybody heard about this

Guest MitchBaernet

Perhaps you could elaborate as to the location of first ATC facility the article referred to?

Guest HercengTN

I cant tell you about it, its a secret!

sorry had to put my .2c

If it was a UFO i dont think he would be checking in at any altitude unless he took english class. If you could copy and paste the article it might clear up some obvious questions.

Originally posted by Piperpilot2004:

The pilot used the aircraft identifyer as "Test jet, or CLassified ## "(...i forget)

hahaha! I could just imagine hearing THAT radio call. Give me a break.

There was a story on all the "believers'" web sites last year of something in the California/Nevada region using a Lockheed Tester callsign and told ATC that his type was classified.

Guest Piperpilot2004

ya it was definantly not a UFO because he had made contact with ATC. I know for certain it was over texas and was in cali in 5 minutes. Its prob bull bc I cant find anything on it on the net. Pretty sure they said it was over San Antonio, TX

Guest Shortbus

You know it's not a laughing matter. In the -135 we regularly fly well above 60k' and most of the time in the MAC 3++ range. What's the big deal, doesn't everybody?