Passports

Skitzo

Pull the Foreign Clearance Guides for each country you'll be stopping in, it'll give you the leave requirements for each to include what passports/visas may be needed.

Also remember you need to put in an APACS request for the trip, even if it's leave.

Cheers!  M2

APACS request/Country/Theater Clearance may not be required since your trip part of a cruise. Foreign Clearance Guide specifies for sure. Didn't need it for a Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Mexico cruise back in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Duck said:

Thanks for the help guys... birth certificate and ID it is!

Still check the FCG, there may be requirements beyond what the cruise company is aware of...

• Upvote 1

Really? APACS request to take a cruise on leave.  Now its been a couple of years since I did a cruise; maybe some sort of new red tape requirement?

BTW, ID and birth cert gives you the cruise ID card, which is all you need to get off/on the boat, err ship.  And I didn't have any issues clearing US customs upon return.  That said, there is never any issues with the good ol US Dept of State Passport. 

Out

17 hours ago, disgruntledemployee said:

Really? APACS request to take a cruise on leave.  Now its been a couple of years since I did a cruise; maybe some sort of new red tape requirement?

BTW, ID and birth cert gives you the cruise ID card, which is all you need to get off/on the boat, err ship.  And I didn't have any issues clearing US customs upon return.  That said, there is never any issues with the good ol US Dept of State Passport. 

Out

Actually, FCGs have sections on leave travel for military personnel that most people who don't deal with APACS on a regular basis are completely unaware of.

But I do know from firsthand experience that some cruise stops require them as I worked a request earlier this year for someone in my office who needed one...

And expecting the cruise line to be aware of this is and notify military customers is unrealistic.

That said, have I ever seen it be an issue if someone don't submit an APACS request?  Most likely not, chances are you will never need it; but if you do, you'll be damned glad you have it!

Cheers!  M2

On 10/27/2016 at 10:11 PM, ThreeHoler said:

APACS has been required for non-US territory OCONUS leave for as long as I can remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

APACS request not required for leave travel to all countries.  Consult FCG for requirements.  For example, pretty much all of western europe does not require APACS.

I never used APACS traveling in Europe. Only time I used it was a trip to Egypt. pre-Arab Spring days of course. I stopped consulting the FCG somewhere between my 6th to 9th foreign trip. Unless you're going to some weird or possibly dangerous country, or on official business, it's all just standard boilerplate. Instead I relied on common sense and letting my chain of command know where to find me if they needed me for something. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone attempted to renew their gov passport within the past 3-4 months?

My passport guy at the sq is telling us the State Dept is rejecting all new and renewal applications due to an 'expired waiver'.....mine was sent in and rejected in August. He's telling us this is a military wide issue and there is no answers from the State Dept, DOD or AF on how to resolve this.

Kinda sounds fishy but wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues with any of this.

Cheers

1 hour ago, MassMapleLeaf37 said:

My passport guy at the sq is telling us the State Dept is rejecting all new and renewal applications due to an 'expired waiver'.....mine was sent in and rejected in August. He's telling us this is a military wide issue and there is no answers from the State Dept, DOD or AF on how to resolve this.

Kinda sounds fishy but wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues with any of this.

Cheers

Sent in the paperwork back in July ish time frame, got it in September. 

3 hours ago, MassMapleLeaf37 said:

Cheers

Mass, I actually had a personnelist asking me why as a pilot we needed them, and where that comes from because she had to be the bearer of this state department bad news. At first I thought it would be obvious for a mobility base why I'd need it. But at least she was trying to understand what problems it was going to cause, and why she'd need to find a way to fix them. So I'll at least give her credit. Anyways yeah I have heard that rumor too.