Laughlin AFB info

Guest Tokyo

Hunt housing at Laughlin is telling me I need to give them an LES before signing a lease next week...if I am just starting out how might I acquire an LES statement in a few days time? (myPay has continually failed to mail me a password/account set up since they switched to online statements so I've got to fix that over the phone if that's the only way). It's been an interesting experience with Hunt thus far. They sent me a housing agreement and misspelled my first and last name on the document they want me to send back and gave me until tomorrow evening to do it. Oops!

Go to the Finance office.

Edited by C17Driver

I was told I had the last housing offer they could make at this time...but by March I am sure there will be openings. I was 22/22 or something like that...someone cancelled last minute for a CGO unit (not sure how that happens coming to Laughlin? Off base=not a good deal).

I was told I had the last housing offer they could make at this time...but by March I am sure there will be openings. I was 22/22 or something like that...someone cancelled last minute for a CGO unit (not sure how that happens coming to Laughlin? Off base=not a good deal).

How far ahead did you get yourself on the wait list. In the reporting instructions it says you can call up to 90 days ahead for the TLF. There is a post in the this thread from a few years ago saying you can get on the waitlist for base housing 30 days ahead..that still the case?

How far ahead did you get yourself on the wait list. In the reporting instructions it says you can call up to 90 days ahead for the TLF. There is a post in the this thread from a few years ago saying you can get on the waitlist for base housing 30 days ahead..that still the case?

Why not just call and ask? Are you really going to rely on gouge from several years ago?

No......I figured by responding to SemperSicEm's post and getting a reply it might fetch updated data from someone who just went thru the process and at the same time update the thread.

I can tell you from experience that it varies from day to day...not much chance of getting any kind of accurate figure six months out. People are moving in, people are moving out, the contractor is scheduling units on and off-line for updates, cleaning and repairs, etc.. Even if you call ahead and get put on the wait list 30 days in advance, much of the time you'll need to reserve a place in the TLF before arriving, then wait until a unit is available. With 25 person classes graduating every three weeks or so (although obviously not all married and living in on-base housing) plus normal PCS moves there's a fair amount of turnover.

You can get in the wait list for a house 60 days out. You just need a copy of your orders or a RIP to get on the list.

They 'should' call you about 30 days out with a housing offer. You may get to pick from a couple of choices...or they may tell you to take it or leave it.

You can get in the wait list for a house 60 days out. You just need a copy of your orders or a RIP to get on the list.

They 'should' call you about 30 days out with a housing offer. You may get to pick from a couple of choices...or they may tell you to take it or leave it.

Thanks...I'll have to talk to my unit about getting orders, or at the very least a RIP, as soon as possible. I'm a reservist so I will be impressed if our local MPF is so on top of things that they have orders for me 60 days out....hell, when I was on AD I barely got orders a week in advance, let alone 60 days.....

Edited by MattS

Why not just call and ask? Are you really going to rely on gouge from several years ago?

No......I figured by responding to SemperSicEm's post and getting a reply it might fetch updated data from someone who just went thru the process and at the same time update the thread.

BTW Matt, this is considered quibbling. The right answer would be "that's valid, thanks." You may still get the response(s) you were looking for anyway, you just won't look like a quibbler who is going to have an excuse/response for every piece of instruction you get.

Just trying to help you get in the groove.

BTW Matt, this is considered quibbling. The right answer would be "that's valid, thanks." You may still get the response(s) you were looking for anyway, you just won't look like a quibbler who is going to have an excuse/response for every piece of instruction you get.

Just trying to help you get in the groove.

Copy and understood.....

My apologies to C17Driver, my intent wasn't to come across like that...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm debating whether its worth it to bring my motorcycle down to Laughlin. With the assumption that I will only have to time ride it to the squadron and/or on the weekends, are the roads decent enough to justify hauling it out there?

With how demanding UPT is, how balls hot it is 90% of yr, and the fact that I will have my wife and 4 month old coming, I can't see having enough time to make it worth it.

If I don't bring it, I'll give it to my dad to ride/maintain so it isn't a big deal if I leave it for a year........

Secondly, is it frowned upon by leadership/AETC to have a motorcycle while in UPT? I'm not looking to make any unnecessary waves so if its officially banned or there is an "unofficial" ban on studs riding bikes, it would be nice to know ahead of time before I full DITY it out there.....

Edited by MattS

Secondly, is it frowned upon by leadership/AETC to have a motorcycle while in UPT? I'm not looking to make any unnecessary waves so if its officially banned or there is an "unofficial" ban on studs riding bikes, it would be nice to know ahead of time before I full DITY it out there.....

No, that shouldn't be an issue.

It might depend on the type of bike and type of riding you do. My son had his Z1000 with him down there, but wound up riding it very little due to the condition of the roads off-base...random gravel and blown sand on a lot of the state roads out there, poor condition of the road surface (either hot and greasy or filled with ruts and peeling asphalt), etc. He felt very uncomfortable riding and mostly parked it for the time he was there. BTW, he was a very good CCS/WERA racer so it wasn't a skill issue...just poor roads and a desire not to crash out of UPT! He did consider selling the Z1000 and moving to more of a cruiser, but decided not to do it due to lack of available time and an upcoming overseas assignment. Some guys had bikes and rode them a lot more. Personal preference, I guess.

DFRESH,

Was hoping to get some light on the flying there. Specifically, number of flights per day, number of students, moral amongst the IP's. Just want some info on what i'm about to walk into.

Recommendation: just be patient. You'll get all the info you need in time. A lot always seems to change in just a few months, so no sense getting perishable information. Nothing you can do about it whether it's good or bad news.

No, that shouldn't be an issue.

Cool thanks...just wanted to make sure there wasn't a local/AETC policy that I was unaware of...

It might depend on the type of bike and type of riding you do. My son had his Z1000 with him down there, but wound up riding it very little due to the condition of the roads off-base...random gravel and blown sand on a lot of the state roads out there, poor condition of the road surface (either hot and greasy or filled with ruts and peeling asphalt), etc. He felt very uncomfortable riding and mostly parked it for the time he was there. BTW, he was a very good CCS/WERA racer so it wasn't a skill issue...just poor roads and a desire not to crash out of UPT! He did consider selling the Z1000 and moving to more of a cruiser, but decided not to do it due to lack of available time and an upcoming overseas assignment. Some guys had bikes and rode them a lot more. Personal preference, I guess.

That was my concern with the road conditions. I have a 2007 Yamaha Road Star Warrior so not an SS by any means but the bike is designed to have some fun in the twisties.....

Don't take it. You want to be special? Have to go to riding class with the commanders? Be one of the few that have to fill out special paperwork because you brought your 5 year old bike to a course that could determine your life? These are the things that will happen to you.

Del Rio drivers suck, the roads suck, you are asking for it.