Hawaii (Hickam) info

lloydbraun

What OSU said, plus here is some info my 26 year TMO buddy passed along. 

Hunt around on move.mil for any additional information.  Attachment K3 is apparently a one stop shop for shipping a car. AFI 24-602 Vol 4 if you really want to nerd out.  

https://move.mil/sites/default/files/2018-12/dtr_part_iv_app_k_3_0.pdf

Enjoy Hawaii!  

Edited by SocialD

29 minutes ago, osulax05 said:

You must get your vehicle to one of the stateside VPC locations. Dallas, St Louis, and Atlanta are your non-coastal options. Days spent getting your car to and retrieving from a VPC are permissive TDY but sadly at your own cost. 

More info at: https://pcsmypov.com/

Correct, no per diem. But you do get the mileage rate if the dropoff/pickup is separate from the PCS move itself.

"Allowance for POV Delivery Pick up or Drop Off. A Service member who is authorized POV transportation when ordered on a PCS is also authorized reimbursement to deliver or pick up the POV from the designated loading and unloading ports or VPC."

"A Service member whose POV pick-up or POV delivery is a separate trip from his or her en route PCS travel is authorized round-trip transportation at the automobile mileage rate from the old PDS to the designated loading port or VPC and from the unloading port or VPC to the new PDS. PCS travel time is allowed and computed for the round trips to deliver and pick up the POV as specified in par. 050205."

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Been forever since I PCS'd....let alone overseas.  Can someone remind me of entitlements?

TLE:  How many days and do I need a statement of non-A if I want to stay off base?

PTDY for house hunting?  What if we are on waiting list for on base?

COLA?  Is that a thing in Hawaii?

Dislocation allowance?

Missing anything?  Thanks in advance-love me some base ops for info.