Juvenile record

Guest eagle eyes

Guest eagle eyes

Does anyone know if being arrested when I was a teenager disqualifies me from becoming a Guard F-15 pilot i'm 24 know.

Guest SnakeT38

If the unit is the "old" Coonass Militia from

New Orleans..........they will only take you if you have "multiple" offenses. They want their

"pilots" experienced in "interrogation" and "resistance" techniques.

Guest eagle eyes

Thank You, but has anyone known someone in the past that has had the same problem? Where they able to make it as a pilot?

Guest eagle eyes

Thanks for the positive responses. I appreciate the time. I feel more confident now than I was before.

I was arrested for disorderly conduct and fighting in public when I was 20. The fighting charge was dropped (it was a trumped up charge as I was in no way fighting but, I digress). The disorderly conduct was deferred (ie I had to have a clean record for two years and do some community service) then the charge would drop. Well I did a self background check and the charge never dropped. I had no further run-ins with the law including no speeding tickets. I applied for the AF about 7 years after the arrest. I was very open about it and it wasn't a problem at all.

People make mistakes, just learn from it and stay out of trouble.

Guest KoolKat
Originally posted by WHAP:

I have heard of a guy who got a DUI while in the service somewhere, ROTC maybe, and ended up getting to UPT a few years later. Other than that, speeding tickets are okay.

This exact thing happened to me...senior year (lost the slot I had.) Worked hard my first year active, applyed to the AD board, got back in...THANK GOD.

Anything is possible...

Guest KoolKat

Thanks...

They expect people to make mistakes...they won't even ask you.

Felonies, things you aren't honest about and specifically have you ever attended the training before (meaning you were already there and left without finishing for some reason...)

You don't have anything to worry about...just be honest.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest worrywart

I got an MIP when as a teenager, enlisted in the Air Force as a KC-135 Crew Chief and then got a pilot slot in the Navy. Now I'm trying to get back into the Air Force. Anything is possible. Good luck!