Army (Warrant Officer) to ANG transfer

Guest J.R. ANG

Thanks for the response.

As for my location and age, I'm in East Tennessee and 34 years old. No preference on an airframe.

Do intra-service transfer aviators still take the AFOQT?

Thanks again!

Even being a Commissioned Warrant Officer, you must attend either AF OTS or the Commissioning program in the ANG (AMS) prior to flying the line.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Even being a Commissioned Warrant Officer, you must attend either AF OTS or the Commissioning program in the ANG (AMS) prior to flying the line."

I'm already aware of this......

My question is in regards to information about any units that might be interested in an intra-service transfer guy.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the response.

As for my location and age, I'm in East Tennessee and 34 years old. No preference on an airframe.

Do intra-service transfer aviators still take the AFOQT?

Thanks again!

Some units require you to take the AFOQT to see how you compare to other applicants. It is not a requirement for inter-service transfer aviators.

Guest FlyingCdogz

Hello,

I am currently in the process of joining the Army to be a helo pilot. I understand after training it is a 6 yr commitment w at least 3yrs active duty. Could you after the 3yrs of active duty time make a early transfer to ANG/Reserve unit and fly fixed wing to fulfill your time for the Army?

Go to the e-pubs website and check out AFI 36-2107. The 10 year commitment is for Undergraduate Pilot Training specifically. Not sure how the AF classifies the fixed-wing transition course, but other Advanced Fying Training courses are a 3 year commitment.

If you can get to https://etca.randolph.af.mil (must be .mil) then you can look up the specific course and get the no-kidding answer there.

Hello,

I am currently in the process of joining the Army to be a helo pilot. I understand after training it is a 6 yr commitment w at least 3yrs active duty. Could you after the 3yrs of active duty time make a early transfer to ANG/Reserve unit and fly fixed wing to fulfill your time for the Army?

I left a year early from my six, but that was a case by case thing. The stipulation was no breaks in service. It can be done, but I wouldn't broadcast your intent to jump ship. Obviously this will hurt your chances in upgrades, which will make you less marketable. 3 years was my commitment addon for FWQ. I hope that helps.