Idaho & Oregon ANG

I have a friend that interviewed about two years ago for the Oregon KC-135 unit and got a slot. He is from there so they liked him, but he just walked in off the streetand beat everyone else out. They only gave one slot at that time.

Guest delta

Idaho ANG-

2004: Board Members consisted of: 3 A-10 2 C-130

Interviews 22

2 A-10 selects 1 C-130

2003: Board Members consisted of: 2 A-10 3 C-130

Interviews 23 (?)

1 A-10 select 2 C-130

Like all guard units it depends on how many pilots they need. Slots granted may vary from year to year. Good luck to ya....

• 1 month later...

I know most of the A-10 guys at Boise. They are a bunch of good dudes. I deployed with them in '99 to Tripani, Sicily for two months. We based out of there while the Kosovo thing was going on. It was a blast.

Boise is cool town too. I've been up there several times for various reasons. If I ever considered leaving my full-time gig here at Barksdale for another A-10 Guard or Reserve unit, I'd try for Boise.

I've instructed a couple of their UPT graduates in the A-10. One of them was probably the most talented young guy we've had at Barksdale. The other one didn't do so well. He was a former Marine helo guy--went through fixed-wing qual--and then to A-10 FTU. He was an outstanding guy and worked his ass off. He made it through the FTU by the skin of his teeth, but subsequently made some flying mistakes in the unit. They FEB'd him. He kept his wings but they reccommended him out of single-seat aircraft. It was shame because he was a stand up guy and we all worked our asses off to get him through FTU training.

Guest AirGuardian

Flew over your homesight of Barks the other day. Looks like you have plenty of 8 engined behemoths lined up on the tarmac... Counted well over 30 and it went something like this...

"Look, more 52s - 1, 2, 3...aaaand 26, aaaaaaand 27, aaaaaaaaaand 28, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand etc."

You probably wear your mask walking out to your jet due to the fumes from the 52 smokers...

Have you heard this radio call by mistake BOZZ,

"Tower, Everyone's grabbing a throttle, we're going around!"

AirGuardian,

Yeah...Barksdale is is the B-52 center of the universe.

Our A-10 squadron is sort of an afterthought down on the south end of the field. We will be taking up more real estate in the future. BRAC results say we are getting nine more hogs.

Talked with Nap yesterday. He told me you guys are getting activated, but that you'd be working two weeks on...and two weeks off. That's pretty cush. You guys must have a strong airline pilot mafia to pull that off. How's that work if you're a technician.

Guest AirGuardian

Tech wise, we'll be activated as well(most of us)

We'll be pretty busy though with continuation sorties/training/currency in between those weeks. We'll see if AMC really holds us to those SRT's...wouldn't be surprised if they lengthened them from time to time. Commercial Mafia is quite strong and is a good thing to have around! It's been a couple of years for me since our last activation so I could use some more experience and tax free of course...

If you get several more swine in the fold, does that mean you'll have your name on more than one!!! Niiiice!

[ 28. May 2005, 01:08: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]

AirGaurdian,

Yeah, I know your techincians will be activated too, but are they (techs) going to get to work "two weeks on...two weeks off" like your activated reservists. Do the ones working "two on, two off," stay on orders continually? If so, is this so your airline pilots don't have to take mil leave from their jobs, and can make full military pay and half airline pay at the same time while activated?

• 2 years later...
Guest LittlePistol

Hi there...figured I'd try to raise this topic up from the dead. A little birdie told me the Idaho ANG has open slots for hawg-drivers. Does anyone have any insight on the Idaho hiring process? Thanks a bunch!

Guest Matt Damon

Too bad that your little birdie didn't introduce you to Google, wants check dot com, or good ole fashion find it out for your-fvcking-self. But since I like to be helpful I will give you a break. Here is some POC information that I found out about the unit all by myself. And she will even answer your educated questions, never bothered her with one that I could find on the website though.

POC: SMSgt Tammy Hughes

email: tammy.hughes@idbois.ang.af.mil

phone: 1-800-621-3909

Packages are due 15 December 2007

Edited by Matt Damon

Too bad that your little birdie didn't introduce you to Google, wants check dot com, or good ole fashion find it out for your-fvcking-self. But since I like to be helpful I will give you a break. Here is some POC information that I found out about the unit all by myself. And she will even answer your educated questions, never bothered her with one that I could find on the website though.

POC: SMSgt Tammy Hughes

email: tammy.hughes@idbois.ang.af.mil

phone: 1-800-621-3909

Packages are due 15 December 2007

Well, I'm not sure where you got your info from, but that webpage isn't updated. It says packages are due in 15 Dec 2006. If you got your info from somewhere other than that webpage, then I apologize. If anyone finds out anything more, please post. I'm thinking about applying to this unit, but I already have an OTS application in for 08OT01, so I haven't 100% decided if I want to go ANG yet

Darin

I already have an OTS application in for 08OT01, so I haven't 100% decided if I want to go ANG yet

2 birds in the hand is better than none. Apply to both, maybe you get at least one, hopefully you have a tough decision to make. Provides an easy answer when they ask what you'll do if you don't get the slot. "well sir I have a package in with AD as we speak...."

Good luck, explore all your options.

-j