Full time ANG?

Bingo.

--break break--

Additionally, for the guy with 17.5 in, no way in hell a unit is gonna willy nilly gonna let you walk in and go on a set of 6 month orders (RPA/MPA) and reach sanctuary on their watch; they're gonna watch you like a hawk. Alternatively, they might make you sign a conditional agreement where you agree to waive sanctuary, as a condition of employment with the unit. For a guy with 17.5 years? Yeah right, he'll rather stay AD. There's no way life can get that much tougher for a guy in the last two years of service staring at a primo retirement check for life. If you got less than 3 years to go, man just tough it out. Yeah they'll probably deploy you, just think of the prize.

Now, if your thinking process is that you're just addicted to the gig and want to continue to do it 'til they kick you out the door, and that's worth more to you than an AD retirement check, by all means go Reserves, sign that waiver of sanctuary away, and keep hacking the mish for king and country. I warn you though, grass in the AFRC/ANG is starting to burn up. Google TFI (total force integration) and talk to people who have otherwise been lifers in the ARC and get their perspective on the abortion they're committing on the Reserves. This ain't your grandaddy's guard/reserve gig anymore. It's part time regAF brother. Old timers are jumping ship and more and more just-off-AD guys are taking their place, "just happy I don't have to deploy anymore", and accepting the AD way of doing things and the chit deals and disco belt shenanigans. Just be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Word. Definitely not the Reserves of just a few years ago. Folks are starting to see the writing on the wall. Mass exodus of guys with 20+ years in 3, 2, 1....

Oh, and TFI stands for Terrible Fucking Idea and nothing else.

Word. Definitely not the Reserves of just a few years ago. Folks are starting to see the writing on the wall. Mass exodus of guys with 20+ years in 3, 2, 1....

Oh, and TFI stands for Terrible Fucking Idea and nothing else.

Oh, you mean Total Farce Integration?....or was it Totally Fucked Initiative? We have a list at work, gets us chastised by the middle boss all the time. I don't think they like the big f00kin' Burger King logo we put in the cubicle next to the list (you know...TFI..where you can have it THEIR way.....). :D

Ditto on the senior dude space shuttle launch. You just described mine and every other AFRC unit getting anal probed with this thing. Heck, in ours middle management punched ahead of the implementation date. That's what looked scary. We got no Captains left. The workhorses, the people doing the mish, gone. Some took the UAVs, some went to fly something else and mixed it in with the airline gig or whatever 9-5 they got going on at home station. Either way, for the asspain of a commute, they rather commute to a purebred ARC unit than spend a day in TFI. Proof is in the pudding.... They keep whipping people with the "beatings will continue until morale improves" but the TRs are like "eff this" and dodging the draft of TFI-related participation surge like it's going out of style. I'm simply amazed people haven't gotten paper for it up to this point.

Of course our big daddy boss at Robins thinks this thing is working like a charm, his single-degree-of-freedom-neck execs are playing "I got a secret" with him, and to tell ya the truth, somebody ought to let him know he's about to inherit a little f00kin disaster of a manning problem. Can't hack the mish with a MAJCOM where everybody is a copilot/wingman and 1-3-level maintainers, all at the same time. And the AD leadership that's getting hired to fill the experience exodus wants CHEDDAR baby,they don't want to give up the lifestyle afforded to them by that over-compensatory paycheck (by their own admission). They ain't doing this chit for charity, they can't even spell T-R. They got wives that don't work and kids that grew up on tricare prime man, they didn't get this gig to work on the weekends. Didn't ya know? Active duty doesn't get paid on the weekends! <---NO lie, f00king AD scheduler told me that to my face without blinking once. I about went UNION on his #$$ before the ADO basically chastised me for "discussing pay issues in the presence of AD bubbas, we don't do [we don't bother them] that". I digress.

Even the cats we hired the last 2 FYs. When they get back it'll be like "WTF happened to the squadron I interviewed with?" Nobody owes anybody anything and all that jazz, but man as a bro and an officer I just can't stand being part of that corporate behavior very much longer. I'm too looking for avenues into better deals. TFI may or may not be worth an ART/AGR; diffrn' strokes for diffr'n folks. But what I DO know is that TFI is NOT worth just 96IDT and 14/15 AT. Naw to the Heall....

Edited by hindsight2020