Mental Health issues

Guest WannaGoGuard

20 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

MFLAC, call A&FRC for contact info.  They're confidential, don't keep records of any kind and most people I know who've used them (including myself) would recommend.

Start here (MFLAC), then Military One Source, then the MTF/Mil Mental Health.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to start this off by apologizing for writing a novel. Unfortunately this is the shortest I can make this story.

Background: I am currently a commercial civilian pilot. I have an O-5 friend that suggested I apply to his Air Force Reserve wing for a UPT slot. I'm 32 but he said I would get the age waiver. I've always wanted to serve as a military officer and pilot. Unfortunately I was a part of the push to get kids on pills for ADD in the late 90's.  I was making bad grades in 8th grade and not paying attention in class. Counselor assumed I had ADD and referred me to a Dr that prescribed me Ritalin. The side effects were terrible and I was cycled through several medications after before finally landing on Zoloft ( due to me being a bit of a troublemaker in school at that time.) I wasn't depressed and don't believe I was ever diagnosed with depression. It's been a long time but to the best of my recollection, I was just going through normal teenage stress and needed a good pop to the back of the head instead of pills. All this medication did was mellow me out. I decided to stop taking it when I was 18. I went to trade school and worked until I was 21. At that point I went to college and earned a B.S. in Aviation with no issues as well as pilot certificates. I have been in some very stessfull career positions since, as well as having the stress of owning a business with several employees. To this day I have not had any depression or mental issues. It's been 14 years since I stopped taking Zoloft.

The Problem: While in my junior year at college I started the application process for USMC OCS. I was up front on the paperwork about being on Zoloft as a kid. I was concerned about being caught and wanted to maintain my integrity. MEPS DQ'd me before I had a chance to go. At the suggestion of my OSO I went to the original Dr. and had her write a letter stating that I did not need the medication, as well as having a letter from another Dr. stating the same. By this time the OSO changed to a different Officer and he didn't seem willing to help me. He basically wrote me off and said I wouldn't get a waiver. I am NOT ok with withholding this information on another application. Even if I do not get caught before commissioning, what happens if this is found during my secret clearance check? Not worth the risk or worry to me. I have no demons in my closet and not so much as a speeding ticket. I want to keep it that way. What are the chances of a waiver this time? I will also need a waiver for PRK (performed in 2007 with no issues, currently 20/10 vision.0