Testicular Surgery

joshrk22

When I was 8, I had something called a Testicular Torsion,its where the testicle twists and cuts off circulation. By the time I got to the hospital it had untwisted and I was fine so the doctor sent me home. 7 years past with no problems until a few months ago it happened again when i was upnorth camping, It thought it would go away like the previouse time but it didnt, with no hospitals around I had to wait about 5 days till i got home. I finally got home and we rushed to the hospital for about a two week period i was in the hospital every two days, the doctors had no clue what was wrong. The hospital doctors finally sent me to the Urologist after 3 weeks of pain. I was in his office for only two seconds before he knew what was wrong with me. He looked at me and noticed I had a bell clapper deformity. This is when the testicles are not sitting in the scrotum corectly, mine were kinda to the side, so this would let the testicles spin freely. I had to surgery, the doctor connected suchers to my testicles, to prevent spinning. Yes I still have them. My question is, will I still qualify for a Class 1 Medical Certificate, and will i get disqualified if i was to join the AF to become a pilot?

Guest F16PilotMD

I am TDY and without my references, but I thnk you're fine for IFC1. I'll look it up when I get home.

How the hell did you tolerate this for that long. The few of these I've seen reduce grown men to crying infants. Wow.

Guest jassayag

OMG!!! That sounds like the most painful thing in the world. Glad you got that squared away. Just don't zip the boys up in your pickle suit or anything!

joshrk22

That may be one of the bravest posts I have read on this forum.

Now there is a man how is comfortable with himself. Good luck!!