Blood pressure questions

Guest wtn001

Just take your time. When I did BP's, and someone said they often showed high but appeared to be in good shape, I wouldn't take it until the end of the appointment. Also, you will need to do a 5 day BP check before anybody seriously considers meds, and those techs can go through all kinds of advice for you. I recommend you just sit for 5 minutes straight and relax. It may sounds stupid, but try to imagine yourself on the beach or in a lazy river or lying in your bed. It does work and isn't just Dr. Phil bullcrap.

• 2 months later...

You betcha there tough guy. I get it, you really don't want to qualify.

The Flt Docs are not going to answer your stupid question because they are laughing too hard about your last stand at the OK Corral approach.

Good luck, LOL.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
What if I am on casual status and my BP at the dentist read too high so they referred me to my PCM? I can't seem to manage a low BP reading at the doc office before coming to my base, but I'm fine otherwise using the commercial machines or when they use a manual cuff. Am I going to get DQ'd because I am not on flying status yet? I definitely don't want meds because I don't need them. I'm an avid triathlete and follow decent dietary guidelines, I just get nervous every time I go to the clinic.

Aspirin 30 minutes before test.