Glasses vs contacts at UPT

Guest michaelh

I wear just the standard BCD frames when I fly. No comfort issues, although most of my flights are of the <1.5 variety.

The only drawback with glasses vs contacts is during DBFM you find yourself looking under the glasses sometimes when cranking around to look at deep 6. I guess the secret is just to be better at BFM and then you have nothing to worry about.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bayonets are most easily donned/doffed with the helmet on.

True. Also consider the fit with your ear-cups. I had a set of straight-legged glasses that would give me a headache about 20min into a flight due to both the front and back of the legs being compressed...it sucked! Normal legs didn't do the same thing, so I switched back.

Thanks for the reply's. I hadn't even thought about having to take them on and off. Is there any issue with the standard earpiece or the bayonet moving around or sliding under G's or looking down?

Has anyone had any personal experience with the comfort cable? I randomly came across a topic on airwarriors.com where a Navy guy swore by the comfort cable, but I haven't seen much else about people using that style.