Vasectomy and flight physical

Guest turtle

Thread update. I’m thinking about getting this done and the flight doc today said DNIF of 6 weeks. My brother did one and said he was good the next day. What’s the story?

Literally has this done Tuesday. Was given an estimate of two weeks DNIF and 3 days quarters. All, depends on how the boys heal up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I'd fly BFM two weeks later.  A low g sortie like CAS or something might be ok, but a friend flew after two weeks and he was in some moderate pain during/after the flight.  Based on his recommendation, I waited 3.5 weeks and felt fine, so I'd go with at least 3 weeks.  In the scope of your career, what's another week to avoid a potential complication?

I knew a guy who had one, flew a little too early, felt a pop early on in the sortie with a little dull pain. Continued to ice and rest and was fine a few days later.  He only discovered a few months later that the small “pop” he felt was his scar tissue ripping under g. His gents decided to find their cut ends, reattached, and he was a fully functioning, albeit unknowing participant in the reproductive cycle of life. By the grace of God, his wife didn’t get pregnant and he found out before anything else serious happened, but seriously, why not just wait another few days?