Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Guest flyinghi

Guest DavisF22

I know herpes is a sexual transmitted disease but what about the simplex virus 1 for example cold sores. Is that something that needs to be mentioned. I know there's a difference between not telling the truth and giving the doctor a lot more information than he really needs.I went to the dr. One time and they said I had it but I've never had a cold sore or anything just a slight innernasal issue. It's in my medical records so I'm wondering what should I do?

Edited by DavisF22

• 2 weeks later...

I know herpes is a sexual transmitted disease but what about the simplex virus 1 for example cold sores. Is that something that needs to be mentioned. I know there's a difference between not telling the truth and giving the doctor a lot more information than he really needs.I went to the dr. One time and they said I had it but I've never had a cold sore or anything just a slight innernasal issue. It's in my medical records so I'm wondering what should I do?

Write it down since it's not a disqualifying factor. They'll test you for HIV/AIDS while you're at Brooks just to be safe if you haven't already.

Guest DavisF22

Do you know where it say's it isn't disqualifying? I have been looking through the waiver paperwork but for some reason I can't find any information about it. Wierd I know, I may have just not been looking hard enough. I would assume having like a cold sore isn't disqualifying but what about it being near you nasal area. Would they think of it as something more.

Do you know where it say's it isn't disqualifying? I have been looking through the waiver paperwork but for some reason I can't find any information about it. Wierd I know, I may have just not been looking hard enough. I would assume having like a cold sore isn't disqualifying but what about it being near you nasal area. Would they think of it as something more.

If you were treated in a medical facility for something, it is a part of your medical history. You should not leave it out because if they find out you did, then you're DQ'd anyway. They do take ~10 vials of blood while you're down there so chances are one of the tests is for STDs. I went down there with some previous history, admitted it on my medical history, told them how it got treated by what doctor and by what hospital and by what medication and I didn't even need a waiver. They just did some additional tests.

Guest DavisF22

No I wasn't going to leave it out. Well unless it was something unimportant. I just wanted to know a concrete answer for it so I know what to look forward to and what all I need to know. Such as does it require a waiver, what other information do I need to give him? Things like that. Just hate to get into situations with a lot of surprises that I could have avoided. Thanks for the info though. I hate to pry but was your situation with simplex virus 1? You can pm me it if you dont want your business on the globe.