Desktop static displays

Guest the_gipper

Guest goirishgo

Does anyone have a good website for ordering those mini static displays that you see on peoples' desks? I'm trying to find one for the T-6, but on base they've only got a tweet. Internet searches are somewhat fruitless also.

Thanks.

Originally posted by goirishgo:

Does anyone have a good website for ordering those mini static displays that you see on peoples' desks? I'm trying to find one for the T-6, but on base they've only got a tweet. Internet searches are somewhat fruitless also.

Thanks.

It took me 3.5 seconds to type "Texan II model" into google and get the following link.

Texan II Desktop Model

Guest goirishgo

wow.

congrats on being a top pro internet searcher. i'll try harder next time. thanks for the link.

does anyone have any other links of companies they have experience with?

Originally posted by goirishgo:

wow.

congrats on being a top pro internet searcher. i'll try harder next time. thanks for the link.

does anyone have any other links of companies they have experience with?

If you want to be a smarta$$, try another site. You are the one who said a search on the internet was fruitless, when you didn't even try. All to often people are too lazy to try a search on their own.

When you get to Laughlin, go to the BX, they have (or at least use to have), a large selection of desktop models painted in XL colors.

Guest goirishgo

hey man i wasn't trying to be an arse, i simply hadn't tried the exact keywords: "texan II model." i'll be more specific "T-6 model airplane" and "T-6 static model" didn't have what i was looking for. on the same token, all too often people tend to be condescending when giving an answer on this forum.

i tried the laughlin BX and all they've got are tweets, that's why i thought someone here might know of something else.

thanks for your help, man.

Guest HueyPilot

Or even typing in "model airplanes" in google brings up a ton of links, many of which sell the wooden models you seek.

Not trying to rub it in, but you have to get creative when doing a net search.

Irish

I think your comment "congrats on being a top pro internet searcher" was what ClearedHot was referring to, and rightly so. Take your beating like a man, especially when deserved.

Anyhow, most if not all UPT bases (and most operational bases as well) sell them at Clothing Sales.

Cheers! M2

• 3 years later...
Guest soflguy

Old thread but slightly relevant. I'm leaving soon for Seymour, and want to do something little for my gf (soon fiance) for Christmas that she would like. I want to turn a small, very small T-38 model into a Christmas ornament. I'm having a tough time finding any sites that sell models that small, more or less a T-38 one. Do yall know of any sites that have decent -38 (or even an E model would work) models that would be the right size and of better quality than the crappy diecast ones? I really appreciate it, cause I know she would really enjoy. I've looked at herogear, but I'm looking for a decent painted one. Thanks in advance!

I've got nothing on the Christmas ornament thing, but for any future viewers of this thread, if you're looking for model airplanes, check out Aim High out of Angeles City, Philippines (particularly if you're RONing there, but they mail custom orders, too).

Good prices, good quality, fast service.

http://www.aimhighmodelairplanes.com/index.html

I bought a Tweet, T-44, and a Herk from them - all great quality!

Old thread but slightly relevant. I'm leaving soon for Seymour, and want to do something little for my gf (soon fiance) for Christmas that she would like. I want to turn a small, very small T-38 model into a Christmas ornament. I'm having a tough time finding any sites that sell models that small, more or less a T-38 one. Do yall know of any sites that have decent -38 (or even an E model would work) models that would be the right size and of better quality than the crappy diecast ones? I really appreciate it, cause I know she would really enjoy. I've looked at herogear, but I'm looking for a decent painted one. Thanks in advance!

I looked for a bit and all I found was the herogear site...

A little off topic but giving your gf/fiance a tree ornament? I've seen guys turn their prop and wings pin into a nice neclace...just another idea.

Guest soflguy
I've got nothing on the Christmas ornament thing, but for any future viewers of this thread, if you're looking for model airplanes, check out Aim High out of Angeles City, Philippines (particularly if you're RONing there, but they mail custom orders, too).

Good prices, good quality, fast service.

http://www.aimhighmodelairplanes.com/index.html

I bought a Tweet, T-44, and a Herk from them - all great quality!

Thanks for the reply, but I know for my situation I'm looking for something about briefing stick size that I can just drill a hole into (sts) and put a string in to hang it. Just was trying to not pay $60 for the whole briefing stick.

I looked for a bit and all I found was the herogear site...

A little off topic but giving your gf/fiance a tree ornament? I've seen guys turn their prop and wings pin into a nice neclace...just another idea.

I know it sounds dumb... but she's really into the whole Christmas tree thing and all that. But a nice necklace might also work out just right.