TBAS Information

Guest Viperfixer

Even if you could you won't have time to use it.  Learn how to solve the puzzles without a compass rose.  You need to be able to it in your head.

Funny those flash cards exist, when I took it like 3 years ago I had to sign all kinds of stuff saying if I talked about the content I'd go to jail.  Smoke em if you got em though.

Edited by extender10

16 hours ago, extender10 said:

Even if you could you won't have time to use it.  Learn how to solve the puzzles without a compass rose.  You need to be able to it in your head.

Funny those flash cards exist, when I took it like 3 years ago I had to sign all kinds of stuff saying if I talked about the content I'd go to jail.  Smoke em if you got em though.

I'll get it down without! Thank you

• 1 month later...

I need some help to what this TBAS is.  Im a flight instructor and have an AF pilot candidate coming in to add some flight hours to increase this PCSM score.  I understand the officer side that is a judge of math and more.  How does this TBAS relate to aviation?  Want to better judge his score and how it plays into  knowledge of aviation.

14 hours ago, josh t said:

I need some help to what this TBAS is.  Im a flight instructor and have an AF pilot candidate coming in to add some flight hours to increase this PCSM score.  I understand the officer side that is a judge of math and more.  How does this TBAS relate to aviation?  Want to better judge his score and how it plays into  knowledge of aviation.

Let me google that for you.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

If anyone has a minute to help me out with the flashcards I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Is it true that you have to orient 'A' with your direction of travel (the yellow arrow) and then answer? The reason I ask is because when I google images "TBAS directional orientation" it shows a tracker map and then an aircraft view with 4 grayed out parking lots. The parking lots are not labeled A-D on the picture so I am confused.

Additionally why does the compass rose to the left of the terrain picture not have a dial on it? Is it irrelevant, unneeded information?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, mtys999 said:

If anyone has a minute to help me out with the flashcards I'd greatly appreciate it! 

Is it true that you have to orient 'A' with your direction of travel (the yellow arrow) and then answer? The reason I ask is because when I google images "TBAS directional orientation" it shows a tracker map and then an aircraft view with 4 grayed out parking lots. The parking lots are not labeled A-D on the picture so I am confused.

Additionally why does the compass rose to the left of the terrain picture not have a dial on it? Is it irrelevant, unneeded information?

Thanks!

I haven’t yet taken the TBAS but from what I gather (by also googling and seeing those images) the gray parking lots aren’t labeled A-D because you would use your mouse to click and select your answer, so no need for the letters. 

The video above is a good introduction of the concept, but it’s faster if you just do it all in your head instead of physically rotating a paper.

With that said, I haven’t taken the test yet so take what I say with a huge grain of salt.  

4 hours ago, gatsby said:

I haven’t yet taken the TBAS but from what I gather (by also googling and seeing those images) the gray parking lots aren’t labeled A-D because you would use your mouse to click and select your answer, so no need for the letters. 

The video above is a good introduction of the concept, but it’s faster if you just do it all in your head instead of physically rotating a paper.

With that said, I haven’t taken the test yet so take what I say with a huge grain of salt.  

Ditto what Gatsby said. Use the video as a precursor and then go over the flashcards until you're able to do each problem under 1 second mentally.  

Is anybody having trouble accessing the scores this week? I took the TBAS on Monday and the detachment told me my scores should be posted but I keep getting to that white screen with "If your scores are not posted here click this link". I've been trying for two days.

Is the site down? 

EDIT: It's back up. Got my scores. 

Edited by Metalhead731

• 1 year later...