U-2 Dragonlady info

Guest thebronze

Can anyone explain what the hype on the Kubernetes integration into the U-2 is all about? Is it like a massive software overhaul to make everything run more efficiently? I read the B-21 is going to use the same tech, I just don’t really understand what it’s doing. I’m not a computer science guy, so maybe I’m out of my depth!

1 hour ago, AlmostAlbino said:

Can anyone explain what the hype on the Kubernetes integration into the U-2 is all about? Is it like a massive software overhaul to make everything run more efficiently? I read the B-21 is going to use the same tech, I just don’t really understand what it’s doing. I’m not a computer science guy, so maybe I’m out of my depth!

Safe to say, here’s all the info you need: https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2375297/u-2-federal-lab-achieves-flight-with-kubernetes/

• Thanks 1

Huh, they can't go into too much detail but it is interesting someone signed off on the use of open-source software to get it done.

If those folks could cross over to every other part of the USAF, that would be great.

• Upvote 3

Huh, they can't go into too much detail but it is interesting someone signed off on the use of open-source software to get it done.
If those folks could cross over to every other part of the USAF, that would be great.

Open source is great because we can read it all and modify it for our needs.

It is perfectly clear what it does, it's all right there in the article:

"Its container-centric management environment orchestrates computing, networking, and storage on behalf of user workloads and allows for the deployment of complex microservice based applications with complete automation."

To me, this sounds like it was written by the greatest OPR-bullshit artist of all time to describe the mail sorting room at Initech.

Edited by Hacker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 10/16/2020 at 5:09 PM, Hacker said:

"Its container-centric management environment orchestrates computing, networking, and storage on behalf of user workloads and allows for the deployment of complex microservice based applications with complete automation."

To me, this sounds like it was written by the greatest OPR-bullshit artist of all time to describe the mail sorting room at Initech.

Lol, I'm gonna use this line on the next OPR (modified of course)!!

On 10/16/2020 at 3:09 PM, Hacker said:

This must be like when you guys call-out someone for overstating bullshit about flying. 

I'll paraphrase - "Kubernetes is cool, it'll auto-magically build, kill and rebuild applications and infrastructure that are 'more secure.'"

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2020 at 7:14 AM, ImNotARobot said:

So many cool pictures from the U-2

2dc17cd79dd21b01a0615d90e7e0f8b4.jpg

How do you take a selfie in space suit gloves? Kinda sarcastic but I’m actually curious. Assuming they got some touch screen gloves as we have been transitioning to IPads for pubs? 

9 minutes ago, viper154 said:

How do you take a selfie in space suit gloves? Kinda sarcastic but I’m actually curious. Assuming they got some touch screen gloves as we have been transitioning to IPads for pubs? 

cam.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/21/2020 at 4:18 PM, Spoo said:

In a related story, I found this image of Huggy pre-flighting his iPhone.

Huugy.jpg

You posted this at 4:18PM, then later posted a lonely picture of your jeep in the Pentagon parking lot late at night...now we know what you were really doing.

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

You posted this at 4:18PM, then later posted a lonely picture of your jeep in the Pentagon parking lot late at night...now we know what you were really doing.

You know what really sucks about COVID? I miss your daily post of which airports you're flying to and from. #nobodycares

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Damn, you company men sure are touchy... 

Sorry, but your cyber-stalking was a bit unsettling. 

Edited by Spoo