U-2 Dragonlady info

Guest thebronze

I got the e-mail and would love to at least visit to see if I'd like to apply. Unfortunately it seems I'll be stuck in RPA purgatory until I'm a major select, which I'm guessing makes me too old from what I've read on this thread.

Good luck to everyone else.

I'm not liking your odds, you'd propbably have more luck playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks...

I'm not liking your odds, you'd propbably have more luck playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks...

Ah, the typical game played after an Eagle roll call. I hear it's popular in those circles.

Odds on that game are extremely variable. In my world, AFPC usually holds the sticks, and the game is quite easy.

Anybody have any new info on when they will open the gates for AFRC/ANG guys?

I called Beale and AFPC and we are still not able to apply without a valid exception to policy letter in hand. AFPC said to keep waiting as the tides "may change" but nothing definitive.

Anybody have any new info on when they will open the gates for AFRC/ANG guys?

I called Beale and AFPC and we are still not able to apply without a valid exception to policy letter in hand.

Sorry, but WTF is a "valid exception to policy letter" in this case? Who writes it? AFPC? AFRPC? NGB? The 1RS? What policy are we talking about?

What's the ADSC associated with U-2 training? I have 2.5 years left on my UPT ADSC and I can PCS next summer leaving 1.5 years. I've always wanted to fly the U-2 but I'm not willing to extend my time on active duty and potentially miss out on airline seniority in order to do it.

What's the ADSC associated with U-2 training? I have 2.5 years left on my UPT ADSC and I can PCS next summer leaving 1.5 years. I've always wanted to fly the U-2 but I'm not willing to extend my time on active duty and potentially miss out on airline seniority in order to do it.

I'll let the Deuce guys take care of this one, but I'll bet they can't wait to hire a guy who plans to separate within months of getting qual'd....

• Upvote 1

Jughead,

Thanks for your input. Are you suggesting its wrong to have more than one professional goal? I have to go somewhere after my current assignment before I can separate. Should I just call AFPC, tell them my plans and ask to go to the CAOC until my separation date?

Jughead,

Thanks for your input. Are you suggesting its wrong to have more than one professional goal? I have to go somewhere after my current assignment before I can separate. Should I just call AFPC, tell them my plans and ask to go to the CAOC until my separation date?

That's not what he's saying, but obviously flying the U-2 is not seriously one of your professional goals if you aren't willing to extend your time on active duty even one day to do it. If you've read this thread, you'll realize why the cadre would not be thrilled to entertain the thought of hiring you if they won't get their time and money's worth out of you for the mission.

Won't your PCS incur a 2 year ADSC? If you're looking for a place and the CAOC doesn't suit you, we could use more bodies in the RPA world.

• Upvote 2

El piloto,

3 years from your U-2 qual. Which is about 8 months after you arrive at Beale. So, based on what you have typed, you will extend your ADSC by about 2 years.

Most of these questions can be answered by the U-2 Recruiting office: 530.634.4447.

• 4 weeks later...
For more than 16 years Lt. Col. Alex Castro called the sky home - navigating it on the steel wings of the U-2 "Dragon Lady." Now, as he coaxed the single engine reconnaissance plane toward RAF Fairford, United Kingdom, the gravity of situation hit him.

June 10, 2015 would be the last time Castro would fly the aircraft.

http://www.usafe.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123450476

• 1 month later...

There was a nice look into the U-2 program on Mythbusters that aired a few days ago. They were testing the myth that the Dragonlady is the toughest airplane in the world to fly. Adam Savage has gotten to fly with the Blue Angels and now on the edge of space. Of all the cool things they've done on that show, he ranked his U-2 flight as the coolest by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MooseAg03

• 2 weeks later...