U-2 Dragonlady info

Guest thebronze

Last i knew, the U-2 has a decent glide ratio...I bet high key for the f-16 is substantially higher

Copy - the U-2 is basically a jet powered glider. What's the HH-60 glide ratio? I'm curious - my guess would be somewhere around 1:1 with autorotation and around 0:1 without. I think the viper would be around 1:1, but I don't know.

About 22:1 clean. The equates to 37nm per 10,000'.

With the gear down, it drops to 31nm per 10,000'.

From the A330 Quick Reference Handbook:

At green dot speed, the aircraft can fly up to about 3 NM per 1,000 ft (with no wind).

Average rate of descent is approximately 1,300 feet/min.

About the same as a U-2 with the gear down...so, I guess the Airbus is also "basically a jet powered glider".

From the A330 Quick Reference Handbook:

At green dot speed, the aircraft can fly up to about 3 NM per 1,000 ft (with no wind).

Average rate of descent is approximately 1,300 feet/min.

About the same as a U-2 with the gear down...so, I guess the Airbus is also "basically a jet powered glider".

Kuma.....enjoy the 330. Prettiest airliner out there if you ask me. Heck of a lot of wing for a two engine jet!

Kuma.....enjoy the 330. Prettiest airliner out there if you ask me. Heck of a lot of wing for a two engine jet!

Thanks Bro. Life is good.

Give me a call; lets get caught up.

Would be nice to see some 60,000+ photos publicly released at some point!

I had to reduce the file size, so it's grainy.... but here's a shot of San Fran.

post-2076-0-36076600-1358264406_thumb.jp

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 3

Shot by a friend.

You are looking south.

The wingtip is on the eastern shore of Lake Tahoe.

Downtown Reno is visible, as is Reno-Stead airport just north of Reno. That's where the National Championship Air Races take place each September.

post-2076-0-64033000-1358304698_thumb.jp

Edited by Huggyu2

I think you're prone to "conspiracy theory syndrome".

The photo is legit. Possibly, it is the white turtlenecks that are giving you the impression that something pas photo shopped.

I think you're prone to "conspiracy theory syndrome".

The photo is legit. Possibly, it is the white turtlenecks that are giving you the impression that something pas photo shopped.

No conspiracy theory--just noticed the white "halo" across the top of some of their nuggets. The frau actually noticed it...

No conspiracy theory--just noticed the white "halo" across the top of some of their nuggets. The frau actually noticed it...

Simple high-contrast chromatic aberration. You can see the same thing on the top edge of the U2 wing where it meets the bright concrete. Either it was a relatively cheap camera or the photographer used the wrong (or no) filter.

Look closely--craniums appear to be photoshopped on...

Spoo, Kuma, Huggy--what gives?

Our Craniums are 100% legit. Spoo is not pictured ( on staff ), Huggy is UA (WTF?), I am the good looking one...

So you're the white guy with the high and tight or one of the hippies with the Willie Nelson hair?

Posters note: Due to extreme lack of SA demonstrated lately, the preceding post was meant as sarcasm in a good natured attempt to get a quick chuckle.

hq-dar-23.jpg

Huggy? Spoo? Kuma? Good job either way. (From Chive DAR, pic #25, good luck scrolling down to it without getting distracted)

I wish I had thought of it. Not me. Chive on.