ignorance

flynhigh

That actually wasn't a bad movie. There were some really good points and there were also sveral of the "typical" Michael Moore misquotes. I really enjoyed it all in all. I don't think you have to be for automatic weapons and loose gun laws to be pro-military. Unless you absolutley love firearms and allowing anyone to own them, I would watch this movie. An intelligent person is someone who is not scared to have their beliefs challenged.

First of all, that retard has no idea of what he's talking about. I just found it interesting that an article like that would be written in a university newspaper regarding funding they've just received. I just graduated from ISU in Aerospace Engineering and it really irks me when a kid like this completely bashes some legitimate funding that the university receives. I'm sure there are plenty of other companies that have donated money to the university in other fields that have more of an impact on his supposed "WMD" connection. Say chem or bio warfare research? I know they do all sorts of that stuff here.

The real kicker is that money will go to help research that may directly affect the aircraft that we fly, or the weapons we use.

Unfortunatly, this forum is labeled "General Discussions", which is why you get freshment ROTC guys asking how they can become fighter pilots and get the F-22! Maybe the moderator could make another forum that is just 'aviation' for those that just want to talk flying.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure that Lockheed Martin has launched most all of your DirecTV, Communications, Weather, GPS and research satellites in the last, say, 30+ years. So what this dipshlt decides to focus on is the apparent negative, nuclear weapons.

So that's fine, let us focus on nukes. Compared to all other weapons in the world, either combined or individually, how do you think nuclear weapons have stacked up in death toll? Towards the bottom, no question. What about lives saved? Towards the top and I’ll explain why. By dropping nukes on Japan (very unfortunate indeed) hundreds of thousands of lives were saved due to the prompt surrender of the Empire.

And what about World War III? Russia hated USA just as USA hated Russia. Could you imagine the death toll from that war? Nukes stopped that from happening. I think the term is Assured Mutual Destruction.

My point? Piss on this liberal university newspaper and its writers. U of Louisville had the same bullshlt that ISU and most other universities have; shltty, non-objective writers and editors who have zero integrity.

You know what comes to mind when I read crap like this? Kerry. Enough said.

Bluenose, I almost forgot. I got somethin' in my pocket for ya...here it is!

Have a nice day!

-----------------

Wxpunk

Reminds me of the asshat at UMass that was dissing Pat Tillman after his death. This guy noted that he doesn't like corporations funding universities. This happens all the time, BMW last year started giving money to support Clemson's engineering programs. Bet he hates that too.

"when education should be geared toward understanding and accepting the differences between people...."

Apparently this noble ideal does not apply to the author, who, at the tender age of 21 has got the world all figured out. Make no mistake, understanding and accepting peoples differences has no place in this guy's world, unless you agree with his positions.

[ 23. September 2004, 14:25: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

Guest Metalhead

We could make a forum called:

How to be a fighter pilot and get an F-22!

or

1000 posts about "What should I do?"

or

Shit us aviators don't want to read about, here's where you can post it

or how about

General General Discussion; threads titled: "I have a question" , "I want to fly" and/or "I need help" and other irrelevant bullshit that forces me read the thread to see what it's really about. :mad:

I think we should talk more about flying and less about who's in class 05-17 and what they got for their drop. More about who broke in San Jaun for 5 days and what kinds of cool shit they found to pass the time. ( ) We need to talk less about ROTC. Sorry ROTC guys, but we do. Maybe we do need another forum, for real, Aviation Only . We'll flame the shit outa anybody who posts non flying threads, No holds barred. And the Gen Discussion can keep on keeping on.

I understand what some of you are saying. You don't want the political discussions outside the political forum. I'm down with that. I do have a bit of tolerence for some of it(ocasionally), but I'm down.

"Mambo"'s got me thinking now.

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm all for an AVIATION ONLY forum, but this is a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum. I'm not trying to get political or anything like that, I just thought that people would like to see what type of idiots there are out there. I'm sure most of us already know some of them... That being said, university research does play a role in the development of aircraft and weapon systems, which does affect all of us military types.

Metalhead, I'm all for a ROTC subset of baseops forum. I think there are far too many ROTC questions about flying or ROTC related issues. However, that doesn't mean you have to be such a prick about it. If it kills you so much to read all these posts non related to Metalhead, get a life and do something better with your time. Loose the arrogance too while you're at it.

Touche wnanna! Metalhead, we can't help that you are sick of hearing about anxious students or UPT hopefuls. Most people on this board enjoy that kind of stuff, and if they don't, they can easily read the name of the thread and not open it. It's a very simple concept and I'm sorry if you get "tricked" into reading these threads to see what they are about, but are you really gonna get pissed at that? Come on man, I'm sure that many many moons ago, you were also excited about getting to fly for the Air Force.

[ 23. September 2004, 23:37: Message edited by: c17wannabe ]

I actually agree with Metalhead. There are way too many posts on the General Discussion that start with I need Help, How are these scores, and What are my chances. This crap belongs on the Pilot Selection Process board. I'm just tired of boring threads that aren't fun to read. That's why I stay out of the Process forum. but seriously the General Discussion has been sucking lately to with a slew of unimaginative re-tread posts. And I don't mind if someone posts political stuff over here so long as he is one of us and not a Savage dork. I hate those Savagies.

HD

Guest driftsight

Herc,

Sorry to break it to you, but there is lot's of "us" in the military who aren't like you. I know - I've been working and getting along with "you" for many years now. This job would suck otherwise.

"We should be geared toward understanding and accepting the differences between people...."

I agree with Metalhead completely. It's been awhile since I've laughed out loud while reading a post . It's too bad some of you weenies don't have thick enough skin to detect the sarcasm, and immediately go into defense mode. Tape an aspirin to it .

Since it is general discussion, and since I have no stories about breaking in Puerto Rico (waiting on board results) why not post a link to a car crash caught live on TV?

Enjoy.

Guest Metalhead

Man, there was no arrogance or prickeshness to that. There WAS a lot of humor and sarcasm. I was just throwen' out some ideas and saying the names of some of our threads suck sometimes. Hell I was even in a good mood when I wrote it!

Once again I piss off the masses. Good thing I don't give a shit about my member rating! :D

Anyway. Whoever said this thread is dead is probably right. Somebody start a new one about something funny or educational or having to do with wings and engines.

Isn't the point of a message board to be able to interact with people who may know more than you do about something you enjoy hearing about? Just a few years ago I was one of those ROTC kids who knew very little about flying. Now I'm on my way to flight school, but you can be sure that I'm going to at least try to turn around and help those ROTC kids whenever I can just like some of you have helped me. I agree that everyone posting their PCSM score is dumb, but lets not discount all other topics because they are not strictly about flying.