Embassy Flights C-12

Wing Sweep

Chief S,

PM me your .mil (and smil if you want more details).

BL though, most embassy C-12 jobs are also attachés. There are some DSCA locations, but the total numbers are small for both. Your best shot at either of these options is through the RAS/PAS route (just search for that on the portal if you don't understand how those programs work).

Edited by deskjockey

It's worth noting that there are two separate C-12 operations overseas. As noted earlier, the DATT C-12's are flown by embassy-assigned Air/Asst Air Attache types as an "additional duty" of sorts. The pilots tend to be senior Capt through Field Grade. There are also C-12's assigned as DV airlift. The 459th AS at Yokota AB is one such unit, flying both the C-12 and UH-60 in support of 5th AF units.

Those aircraft are mostly flown by young pilots, many right out of UPT. I don't know if there are any other locations like the 459th in other theaters.

The only three C-12 units that aren't associated with the Embassy/Mil-group are at Yokota, Alaska, and a very small group of FTU/Test ops pilot at Edwards. The entire community is small...I don't know numbers, but I'm guessing less than 60 Air Force pilots world wide in all units.

If there are general questions about the flying and/or RAS/PAS, let me know on the board (the SAF/IA portal page has great info for attaches and RAS/PAS so look there first). If you have other questions (as Chief SaH seemed to have) specific to your situation and the attache/DSCA gig, please let me know your .mil.