SGLI

BS...

SGLI is a group term life insurance for members of the armed forces, purchased by the government from private insurers, and partially subsidized by the government. As of 1 April 2001, active duty members are automatically insured for $250,000, unless they opt out in writing. For military members, SGLI is a better choice than an alternative insurance plan because it does not contain certain clauses that are routinely found in other insurance plans. These types of clauses include a pre-existing conditions clause, a suicide clause and a war cause, all of which could be used to prevent a military member's family from receiving benefits under certain circumstances. Additionally, SGLI not only provides you protection while you're on active duty, but it also covers the first 120 days following separation.
Source: ]http://arpc.afrc.af.mil/ja/sgli.htm

Guest deweygcc

NO NO NO :D I said SGLI is NOT enough for my wife, and Most OTHER Insurance companies do NOT cover combat and or avaition deaths.

Guest Wxpunk

Not only that, try getting a decent rate as a private pilot with less than 250 hours. SGLI is something like $16/month for $250,000...my last civilian life insurance quote was $140/month for similar coverage.

------------

Wxpunk