T-6 Study/Gouge sources

Guest Blue

I’m hoping to get picked up for UPT soon. In the meantime, I've been looking over all of the gouge that’s out there. There seems to be a ton of T-37 and T-6 gouge scattered all over the net.

Is there any one single source that covers everything I need?

Yep...the pubs issue place at your UPT base. You'll have plenty of time to learn the stuff once you get there. My advice would be to relax and enjoy life now because you won't have one if/when you're at UPT. $.02

"Live by the gouge, die by the gouge". Be wary of what you get from unofficial sources. The BOLDFACE changes all the time (student harassment program, I think) and it would really suck to learn it one way then have it change right before you actually NEED to know it (harder to un-learn something than to learn it).

$.02 more for a total of $.04 on this post.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Flow777

Did a search and went to t6driver.com and still panned out nothing.

I'm looking for the most recent Vance blank ops limits form. The one on t6driver is not the same as the filled out form my buddy from Vance sent me.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Hey all - I love baseops, and this site has helped me get to where I am now.

I wanted to share a link to both an IFS and UPT study guide that has helped a lot of people (myself included) and hopefully can help you - it's just the BOLDFACE / Ops Limits for IFS / the T-6, but its something you have to know and can help you memorize it.

IFS: http://www.gabrieldenny.com/ifs_study.php

T-6: http://www.gabrieldenny.com/t6_study.php

Hope this can help anyone trying to learn!

Just a warning to all the lurkers...make sure you don't just memorize the order. And be prepared for things to change.

I have been through 3 different Ops Limit/Bold Faces for the T-6 since Sept.

Live by the gouge...die by the gouge.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I only study the latest Ops Limits / Boldface - when was the last change that you had? They are still handing out the 30 Sep document at Laughlin...

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I only study the latest Ops Limits / Boldface - when was the last change that you had? They are still handing out the 30 Sep document at Laughlin...

Part of it is if you leave that site up, and someone finds it a year from now after you are done with T-6's, it could be a lot different then what the current boldface is. Also, if someone is a year out from pilot training, and downloads that and memorizes it and assumes thats how it will be in a year, it could bite them a little when they are relearning boldface. I think he is just giving those guys a heads up.

It isn't an issue for you as much if you are already there and have access to the new boldface as it becomes current.

Part of it is if you leave that site up, and someone finds it a year from now after you are done with T-6's, it could be a lot different then what the current boldface is. Also, if someone is a year out from pilot training, and downloads that and memorizes it and assumes thats how it will be in a year, it could bite them a little when they are relearning boldface. I think he is just giving those guys a heads up.

It isn't an issue for you as much if you are already there and have access to the new boldface as it becomes current.

That is precisely why I stopped posting T-6 gouge on the Baseops.net site (lots of angry student pilot mobs burning effigies of Baseops when the BF became out of date...) Things were never constant for that plane - being so new, seems like the Dash-1 is constantly being revised...

That is precisely why I stopped posting T-6 gouge on the Baseops.net site (lots of angry student pilot mobs burning effigies of Baseops when the BF became out of date...) Things were never constant for that plane - being so new, seems like the Dash-1 is constantly being revised...

Thanks again - I've put up a warning to that effect, along with a date stamp - I think I'll beef up my warning further!

In the mean time, I hope it helps some people out :)

• 1 year later...

Looking for current T-6 bolface/ops for Laughlin, anyone have a link? I understand the repercussions of potentially outdated material. Will use at own risk. I just want something to start with. T-6Driver did not seem to have the latest update. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...