Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate

SUX

2 on sheppard air for any written test. I've used them 4 times, only missed one question on 4 tests. Worth the cost.

Outside of that, FAA has some decent materials, though navigating around them can be a pretty big shift from the military. Info is generally similar, just arranged differently.

A good CFI is worth their weight in gold. And just like any checkride, ask around for gouge on examiners, as most have a script or common questions they go through.

Advisory circulars are kind of like FCIFs or FCBs, lots of info out there arranged by topic, released or updated as needed, if you want to self study on topics.

AIM is another good general reference
https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/atpubs/aim_html/index.html

CFRs are your regulatory guidance, part 61 and part 91 are good places to start.
https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=2cae74ca26976e27b503c11b598ffada&mc=true&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title14/14cfrv2_02.tpl#0

If you're a military IP, don't forget to also grab your CFI. Just takes a written exam (again, use sheppard air to prep). Though once you get it, make sure you don't let your CFI cert go non current, since you'll have to do a checkride to reinstate your CFI. Typically all you have to do is a set of CBTs (multiple vendors out there, $100-200 for the course) once every two years.

• Like 1

Also, if you're looking to get an ATP, going to a good school can help. I used Mil2ATP and had a great experience training with them. Sounds like there are a few other good ones out there as well that cater to military pilots.

3 hours ago, Tonka said:

I dont have to take another test (i dont think) just prep for check ride and gk ground eval... didnt think sheppard air would help for that.

They’ve got great info and flowcharts for getting from A to B .... even if you don’t have to test / prep

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Hopefulflyer389 said:

Anybody recently gone through the process of getting their R-ATP? Currently, looking at applying to a regional and getting gouge on the process to get cert. 

Most of the regionals I looked at for my own employment prospects will cover the ATP. You need to be hired with the minimums. I've definitely seen it say minimums for ATP or R-ATP. 

• Thanks 1