Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate

SUX

7 hours ago, doubleu said:

I am also returning from an overseas assignment and am looking to take the ATP checkride under the old system.  I am now at Dover...any recent experiences/recommendations for places around the east coast?  I contacted CTI at Memphis this morning and am waiting on a response.

Thanks for the help.  Cheers. 🤙 

Sanders Aviation in Jasper, AL.  Very military friendly, was very easy to schedule, and quality/enjoyable training.

• Upvote 1

If your target is Delta then I wouldn’t look anywhere other than the Delta CTP/ATP program. Seems like they aren’t calling anyone these days except for people that have done that program specifically. (Maybe mil2atp as well since apparently they also have a connection, although I’ve never personally known anyone that’s used/ops tested it...)

22 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Sanders Aviation in Jasper, AL.  Very military friendly, was very easy to schedule, and quality/enjoyable training.

Seconded - Got mine done there this year. Class acts all around, and although they get you through the training quickly, you won't feel shorted.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Looking for some updated gouge. I’ve got my ATP CTP complete and test complete. I’ll be leaving Little Rock at the beginning of September and would like to get my practical complete. While I’ve read good things about Downtown Aviation in Memphis, I haven’t heard good things from some buddies (however, it wasn’t recent gouge). When I leave Little Rock, I’ll be traveling back to WV. So, anything within a couple hours distance is preferred.

Does anyone have any experience with Accessible Aviation in Mississippi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, JakeFSU said:

Looking for some updated gouge. I’ve got my ATP CTP complete and test complete. I’ll be leaving Little Rock at the beginning of September and would like to get my practical complete. While I’ve read good things about Downtown Aviation in Memphis, I haven’t heard good things from some buddies (however, it wasn’t recent gouge). When I leave Little Rock, I’ll be traveling back to WV. So, anything within a couple hours distance is preferred.

Does anyone have any experience with Accessible Aviation in Mississippi?

The DPE was the only worthwhile part of accessible aviation ... and I don’t know if he’s still giving check rides. Avoid crazy Carl. 

• Upvote 1

Downtown aviations Duchess is down until the end of July. Just talked with them the other day. Has to have an engine replaced. Crazy Carl is still doing his thing in Mississippi.

2 hours ago, JakeFSU said:

It was approximately 3 years ago. The complaint was that they unorganized. Perhaps, they required a little more hand holding.

I’ll reach out to Downtown.

Thanks, Fellas

I could see a little disorganization but I walked in Day 1, Ground School for about 3 hours, went and flew a checkride profile then left for the day. Showed up Day 2 and took the oral (sts) exam followed by the Checkride profile. All in all, a quick and relatively easy way to get the ATP certificate. I think I was out of there in 36 hours with the license and minimum money spent. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mp5g said:

I could see a little disorganization but I walked in Day 1, Ground School for about 3 hours, went and flew a checkride profile then left for the day. Showed up Day 2 and took the oral (sts) exam followed by the Checkride profile. All in all, a quick and relatively easy way to get the ATP certificate. I think I was out of there in 36 hours with the license and minimum money spent. 

2, same. This was under the old ATP system and I don’t know if the checkride has changed at all since then, but I had no complaints with their program. And that’s coming from a guy with maybe 5 hours GA experience and zero time in light twins.

I also remember the DE telling us the few stories of why people had hooked and they were really dumb things. I was thinking I would have hooked the guys also. So, bottom line was the DE was fairly low threat unless you really fucked it away. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just like to give a quick shout-out to Seth Lake at Vsl Aero (http://vsl.aero/).  While TDY at Little Rock, he set me up to knock out my ATP practical over Labor Day weekend.  The training was done in a Travel Air.  It was straight forward and efficient.  He did my MCI and L100 type as well (free of charge).  He and two of his instructors are current or retired Herk guys.  Lastly, he's made a post in the Market Place (link attached), if you got a couple buddies that need to knock out their practical, he'll fly to you.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 11:01 PM, BADFNZ said:

Seth is a really good dude and one of the biggest brains in the Herk community.  I didn’t know he was doing ATPs but he should be everyone’s go to.

I  second that motion!  Seth is easily one of the best in the business.

• 6 months later...

Anyone added Single Engine commercial/ATP on to a Multi engine comm/ATP rating? sounds like just a single engine commercial checkride is all that is required, but wondering what the expectation is (full ground eval, etc...) 

Anyone added Single Engine commercial/ATP on to a Multi engine comm/ATP rating? sounds like just a single engine commercial checkride is all that is required, but wondering what the expectation is (full ground eval, etc...) 

Here's the checkride task list and standards. There's a table (Additional Rating Task Table towards the end) with what tasks you'll have to do to add the rating.
https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/

Expect to do a full ground eval as well as the flight, though what constitutes a full ground eval and how in depth it is depends on the examiner.

When I added commercial single engine sea to my multi engine land ATP, the ground eval focused on water ops, some aircraft systems, performance (TOLD, W&B) and emergencies, and took maybe 30-45ish minutes.