Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate

SUX

I did my ATP in Memphis. I don't remember exactly how we went about justifying each part. I am in the same logbook dilemma as you.

I think we used the primary time logged as an MP and may have decremented it by some value for those times that I may have had an IP that was holding the A code etc.

I'm sure there is someone out there with a better method, but it will be fairly easy to show that you have the mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Read 61.159, it's just 250 hours as PIC or as SIC acting as PIC while under the supervision of a PIC. In a crew airplane, all primary time counts toward that. I did not fill out IACRA because I was getting an R-ATP. I took my ARMS career printout, my UPT training report, and my SURF just for good measure showing my aeronautical rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, gents.

Like everyone else, I was impressed with the group out at Downtown Aviation in Memphis. Great bunch of people and a very optimized program. It's pretty remarkable that they can take a guy with zero experience in light twins and prep him for a legitimate FAA checkride in one day. Price of less than $2K out the door can't be beat either.

• 1 month later...

I just knocked mine out with Chennault Flying Services in North Las Vegas.  Outstanding, can't say enough about it.  The owner is an Eagle dude who is very cool and big picture.  I did the practical in 2 days.  A dude from Luke drove up, he flew first, I watched from the backseat, we swapped and repeated for 2 flights actually flying the Beach 95, then we did our check rides with Retz the next day (flew with one of his CFI's who was a touchdown the first day).  All in all very painless and big picture for a total of $3,700 including the check ride.  I did the ATP CTP with PanAm flight school in Henderson, which was $3,900.  

Give me a PM if you'd like Retz's contact info.  Total touchdown.  You can also find the company on FaceBook.

Edited by F16Deuce
Spelling
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've read the bad reviews but has anyone had any good experiences with accessible aviation in Columbus? I paid over a year ago before I got hit with a deployment and just wondering if it would be too risky? I would rather spend a little more money to ensure I'm enrolling into a creditable program then to travel all the way to Columbus and walk away empty handed. Thoughts?

On 6/14/2017 at 5:57 PM, Yarsix said:

I've read the bad reviews but has anyone had any good experiences with accessible aviation in Columbus? I paid over a year ago before I got hit with a deployment and just wondering if it would be too risky? I would rather spend a little more money to ensure I'm enrolling into a creditable program then to travel all the way to Columbus and walk away empty handed. Thoughts?

PM sent. 

Edited by BashiChuni

One of the few upsides .... the DPE is great and is also a United Captain and will write you a pretty damn good recommendation. 

For a second I thought you said "pretty darn good," wouldn't want that recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking at Mil2ATP for my training, they have a nice $8900 bundle with ATP-CTP, ATP written, ATP flight training and practical, Emerald Coast, etc.

I see some things on Baseops about them from a few years back, any newer experiences with these guys?  Looking to get this done and behind me ASAP so I can focus on AF flying, retirement prep, and airline apps for the next year or so.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

I might be one of the last guys still trying to use an expired ATP written and I may be out of luck, but I was wondering if any of you have had any recent successful experiences?

I know several on here, such as Busted and Snuggie, who've clarified with their respective FSDO's that the SFAR pertains to both deployments and overseas assignments, but I've called two offices in my local area and both are pretty adamant about interpreting "Armed Forces' operation" as the former and not the latter.

Does this just come down to me calling every FSDO until I get the answer I need?  Or is it the DPE's that I need to convince?  I figured they're attached to the local office, so I'd need to eventually persuade both, but I'm not the smartest FAA dude and wasn't positive on how the relationship worked.

If I need to go to somewhere like Tulsa for the practical and then OKC because that's the only FSDO that'll accept the paperwork that's fine. I'm wondering - if I find a school/DPE willing to work with me elsewhere in the country, can I go to my local office and say here you go or will they give me the same rejection they did on the phone?  I may be overthinking this.

Anyhow, I tested Jul '14, PCS'd overseas Nov '14 and I'm just now moving back.  Life kinda got in the way and I was never able to get stateside and take the practical <2016, but now that I'm here I thought I'd give it a shot, despite the odds.  Any recommendations or recent data points are appreciated.  Thanks.

Edited by eindecker
I can't spell