Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate

SUX

Just finished with Downtown Aviation.  I'll echo the posts below. Fantastic instruction on the practice sortie. Ground eval mirrors the gouge they send you and what is available here.  I put in about a dozen hours studying light twin stuff and that was probably too much. Total including DPE fee was 1800.  They are heavily booked but have some spots open before July deadline. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone planning on using the 6-month deployment extension?  I'm currently downrange and it looks like this might be my only option if places are booked solid through July.  Anyone specifically asked any of the ATP outfits if there will be any issues using the extension?

3 minutes ago, BADFNZ said:

Anyone planning on using the 6-month deployment extension?  I'm currently downrange and it looks like this might be my only option if places are booked solid through July.  Anyone specifically asked any of the ATP outfits if there will be any issues using the extension?

I am but I haven't asked any ATP places yet. From what the FAA told me they will have to fill out the paper application as the electronic one will kick back an error. I will try to contact the guy who I am planning on using to see if he has any issues with it. 

I am. Not deployed, just stationed overseas. Others have done it. If your deployed there's even less uncertainty, but the regulation is fairly straight forward.

I asked Memphis when I was there and they said no problem (whether you're overseas for deployment or stationed).  I think the only catch is you have a limited time to get it done once back in the US (6 months is what I remember, but not 100% sure on that).

On 1/24/2016 at 4:16 AM, BADFNZ said:

Here's the source reg (SFAR 100-12) https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title14-vol2/pdf/CFR-2012-title14-vol2-part61-appNo-.pdf

It allows military members who took the ATP written test while stationed overseas to use an expired test up to six months after they return back stateside.  I don't think any ATP school would refuse you, it's just a matter of making sure you get it done in time.  The only other issue is that some places do ATP in small groups, so if you're going solo it might be slightly more expensive.

CFR-2012-title14-vol2-part61-appNo-.pdf

Anyone out there do the ATP at Elmendorf's aero club?  I'd like to get up there for an event in late April, and if I could take some leave on the back side to knock out the ATP on the GI Bill, it would be nice.

Keep getting misguided information on this subject. Can I or can I not, log up to 100 of my Kc-135 sim hours for my ATP?

Keep getting told yes. But then I have read that if the sim isn't approved by far under part 142 then no. (Most military they say do not fall under this area)

Anybody else figure this bit of information out?

On January 26, 2016 at 0:11 PM, Toro said:

Here's the source reg (SFAR 100-12) https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2012-title14-vol2/pdf/CFR-2012-title14-vol2-part61-appNo-.pdf

It allows military members who took the ATP written test while stationed overseas to use an expired test up to six months after they return back stateside.  I don't think any ATP school would refuse you, it's just a matter of making sure you get it done in time.  The only other issue is that some places do ATP in small groups, so if you're going solo it might be slightly more expensive.

CFR-2012-title14-vol2-part61-appNo-.pdf

I contacted the Scottsdale FSDO and was told that I can take my practical up to 6 months after my overseas assignment.  He told me to bring my orders and SFAR-100-12 to my examiner.  I took my written while based in the US, it expires July 2016.  I am trying to find an examiner who concurs before I punt the practical to after my return.  Does anyone know a school/examiner that is familiar with this?