Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate

SUX

completed mine w/ Boston dude 2 years ago.  Awesome.  Nobody's come knockin yet

Same here. I've heard this from several people but never seen any actual proof this happened. Google reveals nothing either.  Until proven otherwise....false. 

Getting ahold of him is another story....

That checks. You have six months from the end of the calendar month you return. You have to have been on a operational deployment for it to count per the FSDO office I talked to and my evaluator. I just brought a copy of my CED orders.

I spoke to Airmen's Certifications at the FAA in OKC today about this. As long as you are not in the US (due to a OCONUS assignment or deployment) when your written test expires you are covered by SFAR 100-2. I was very specific in telling them that I'm stationed overseas not deployed overseas and they said I would be covered. All the examiner would need to see is a copy of CED or PCS orders showing I was overseas when my written expired.  I am still going to stick her name in note with my written test so when I get push back in 2017 I can call her back. 

• Upvote 1

Snuggie, that's great news. I just PCS'd overseas this summer, which prevented me from accomplishing the practical. Now I don't have to worry about Downtown Aviation being booked up. Anyway you could PM me her contact info?

I spoke to Airmen's Certifications at the FAA in OKC today about this. As long as you are not in the US (due to a OCONUS assignment or deployment) when your written test expires you are covered by SFAR 100-2. I was very specific in telling them that I'm stationed overseas not deployed overseas and they said I would be covered. All the examiner would need to see is a copy of CED or PCS orders showing I was overseas when my written expired.  I am still going to stick her name in note with my written test so when I get push back in 2017 I can call her back. 

Better have her to put it in writing and get it notarized. It's gonna come in helpful when you try to play that card in 2yrs after she's been fired for doing lines of coke in the bathroom. 

Edited by Herkasaurus

12 months is what I used for the 737NG sim. It would have been less for the legacy, but I believe they've stopped offering that since allatps has taken over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used FTI in Denver to get their 737 type? I've met two guys that got their types/ATPs and said the program was excellent. However, I never got a firm answer if the GI Bill covered the cost of training.

Has anyone used FTI in Denver to get their 737 type? I've met two guys that got their types/ATPs and said the program was excellent. However, I never got a firm answer if the GI Bill covered the cost of training.

FTI uses United's sims & facilities and now with the consolidation of the training facilities all to Denver, the 737 sims that they use are going away.  I don't know what FTI is going to use now.

These are also the same sims that were used for the sim/CRM portion of United's interview that has/is going away.  

Edited by Tank

Yeah I used crazy Carl's Oakland program. Hard to get a hold of anyone. If you devote a week to the gouge and are ok teaching yourself to fly a seneca in 3 flights with no guarantee of a pass depending on your DPE go for it. Price isn't great, instruction is almost nonexistent but it's a plane to fly for the qual. Send a pm if you want more info.

• Upvote 1

still looking for something west of the mississippi (closer to vegas the better). PM me if you have any recommendations. Cobra Kai won't return my emails. Might have to use Glendal AZ's outfit but they are 4200$ + 700$ for an instructor fee.

still looking for something west of the mississippi (closer to vegas the better). PM me if you have any recommendations. Cobra Kai won't return my emails. Might have to use Glendal AZ's outfit but they are 4200$ + 700$ for an instructor fee.

Have you tried calling Cobra Kai? Me and 3 other bros from the squadron got our ATPs there 2 weeks ago. They are busy, so that may explain the delay in returning e-mail, but they are not a fly by night operation. I would try to call as well. 2 former German ENJJPT IP's. The Baron is a nice plane to fly and all of us felt very well prepared for the check ride.

Thanks all. I am canceling my training mid way through with T Black Aviation (Tampa, FL). I know some here have had success with them, but I've had a lot of issues, and going with a more vetted flight school to make sure I can keep checking "I have never failed a flight evaluation" on my soon to be applications.

Update: Flight school tried to take me for a ride. Changing insurance requirements/suspicious instructor hours/hourly flight costs/altimeter off 100+ feet and called them out on it. Dropped off the final check and the owner kept trying to argue/escalate, spent about two minutes deescalating and politely left as another patron walked in. Good luck.

Update 2: Emailed me later demanding more cash, looked at it and they added their own bill up wrong. PM me a .mil address if you're interested in the email traffic. Ate a significant loss but checkride history still in tact. Heartily recommend avoid.

Edited by xaarman
Updates

PM me your contact info and I'll get them to call you. I just talked to the owners yesterday and they're swamped - booked through January I believe.

• 2 weeks later...