Vance AFB information

HerkDerka

You won't need a sponsor. When you get there go to the Casual Office/Registrar in the OSS and they will get you in-processed and all the other queep you'll have to do.

As far as being casual, they try to find jobs in the Ops Group but not guaranteed. You will have a "job" of some kind that will keep you somewhat busy until you go to IFS. When you come back, if you don't have too long to wait until you start UPT they will probably not give you another job, you'll just sign in at the casual office everyday.

Try to give Enid a chance and don't let other people's opinion of the base/town jade your view before you even get there.

Looking at storage units for enid ( im single but have been living on my own for the past 7 years, lots of junk and its nice so i dont want to sell it) anyone have any good ideas of one? Was calling around most dont seem to have security cameras and full fences. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

Looking at storage units for enid ( im single but have been living on my own for the past 7 years, lots of junk and its nice so i dont want to sell it) anyone have any good ideas of one? Was calling around most dont seem to have security cameras and full fences. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers

If anyone needs a storage unit in Enid, go with Crescent storage. The owner is flexible great prices and all his locations are extremely clean with great security for a small town storage facility.

• 1 month later...
Guest nsthayer

Hi again. I hope this isnt breaking the rules or already been asked!! I was wondering if anyone lives in one of the JNCO Brick homes on base? I was wanting some pictures of them and thought it would be great if someone wouldnt mind!!! We are suppose to be there at the end of Jan. and were wanting to see about layout, so we could figure out if it will work with our furniture and room sizes to see if we need bunk beds for the kids!! My email is nsthayer@q.com if you can help me out. Thanks

Nina

• 5 weeks later...

Hi again. I hope this isnt breaking the rules or already been asked!! I was wondering if anyone lives in one of the JNCO Brick homes on base? I was wanting some pictures of them and thought it would be great if someone wouldnt mind!!! We are suppose to be there at the end of Jan. and were wanting to see about layout, so we could figure out if it will work with our furniture and room sizes to see if we need bunk beds for the kids!! My email is nsthayer@q.com if you can help me out. Thanks

Nina

This link my help

http://vance.pinnaclefamilyhousing.com/Apartments/module/property_info/property[id]/17031/

There are floor plans and a few photos too.

• 3 months later...

Any updates on the housing down at Vance? I'll be down there in July for Phase III. I see they have new housing. Is there a good amount of them, or is it just a few and mostly older houses? I've been screwed the past two places I've lived off base (currently my landlord is making me move out at the beginning of next month because they decided to sell the house while I'm still living in it, and I don't have orders nor have I finished up Phase II (10 sims 16 flights left)!), and have been screwed pretty bad, so figured living on base is a little more secure. Is it still pretty bad?

Thanks,

BL

Edited by blud84

I noticed no one mentioned Oklahoma City's Riverwalk...err...Bricktown for a social getaway. Mickey Mantle's is superb (better than the one in NYC) and Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill is good too. Toby Keith's place is a bit of a culture shock if you are a Yankee like me, but you get a huge plate of food for a small price. If you want, check out a Redhawks (AAA team for the Astros) game too. If you are dreading an assignment at Vance, be aware that Oklahoma is more (albeit, a little more) than just winds sweeping down the plains.

• 9 months later...

Hey all,

I'll be moving to Vance towards the end of July this summer. I was hoping to get some updated info for on-base housing or the local market. I'll be married, but my wife is staying in Mississippi to finish up nursing school. I registered over at ahrn.com and started lookin around.. Are the Pinnacle privatized houses still being updated? What kind of wait can I expect for on base? And would yall recommend on or off base for a UPT stud? Thanks a ton

Hey all,

I'll be moving to Vance towards the end of July this summer. I was hoping to get some updated info for on-base housing or the local market. I'll be married, but my wife is staying in Mississippi to finish up nursing school. I registered over at ahrn.com and started lookin around.. Are the Pinnacle privatized houses still being updated? What kind of wait can I expect for on base? And would yall recommend on or off base for a UPT stud? Thanks a ton

Just finished up at Vance in Dec, lived in base housing. Most of the updates are done, the houses are pretty nice. It's not too hard to get on base housing because of the student population. As long as you have orders with a dependent, you can live in base housing. This happened to a classmate of mine, he lived in family housing for a few months while his wife was at school out of state. The off base market is tough unless you want to buy (wouldn't recommend). Personally, I felt I would have had to put money out of pocket (above my BAH) to get a comparable location off base.

Hey all,

We lived on base, and it was awesome. From Spring-mid-Fall, Dave rode his bike to work (saved money on gas). I could walk to the base pool, gym, BX, and Commissary.

I really miss living on base.. I can't tell you about the updates, when we PCSed out, our house was going to get remodeled then.

Pinnacle sucks ass. They are the big down side to living on base. :)

• 3 months later...

I am about to PCS to Vance for UPT training in a few months. My wife and I have two dogs (Doberman and Shepard) I have been denied base housing because the doberman is considered a dangerous dog. Does anyone have any off base recommendations for off base housing? Preferably a house but I am starting to run out of options with these dogs.

Thanks in advance BC.

Edited by bcpilot99

Recommend Oakdale Drive if there are any rentals available on that street. Lots of Mil folks and nice, smaller houses. Should be in your price range. It's a smaller street, but worth if if there is anything available.

Recommend Oakdale Drive if there are any rentals available on that street. Lots of Mil folks and nice, smaller houses. Should be in your price range. It's a smaller street, but worth if if there is anything available.

There should be one house up for rent there around the August time frame that I know of.

• 1 year later...

I'll be going to Vance unaccompanied in a few months. The base website says I'll be in UOQ unless occupancy exceeds 95%. Straight forward enough.

However, is the housing office able to predict occupancy rate a couple weeks out? I ask because the amount of stuff I bring will certainly be determined by where I'm living i.e. no need to bring a bed all the way down to Vance if I'll be in UOQ.

Edited by Port Dog

• 2 months later...

When Verizon had unlimited data it didn't matter because you could select roaming data and it didn't make a difference on your bill. Now with the data caps I don't know how it works.

It's still that way; they don't charge me any extra even though my phone says 'roaming' all the time. I just lose service periodically throughout the day as my phone constantly tries to find a Verizon tower to talk to. I think it makes my battery run out faster than normal too.

It's not that big of a deal so I will just put up with it while I'm here but if I was a brand new customer I'd probably look at other providers!