Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Guest Hueypilot812

This is not true. I submitted my application to PC while I was deployed. There is an exception in the Palace Chase reg for contingency deployers (pretty much all mobility guys) since we are deployed for nearly half of every single year. They tried to kick mine back, but I had to point-blank highlight the reg's exception for the Sergeant processing the application, since they're so used to seeing enlisted or non-mobility apps.

Push, push, push.

Did they approve this while you were deployed? I'm currently deployed (owe less than a year on an initial qual ADSC...UPT ADSC is already up) and was told if my SURF says I'm deployed it's an auto-deny. But I too saw the reg (Rule 27 in the Interim Change...states aircrew is exempt from the rule of being deployed...since we're deployed so much)...seems many out there don't know much about it.

I'd like to PC and set a sep date so I can apply for several ART positions coming open soon...anyone know who I need to talk to so I can get this pushed through?

• 1 month later...

I've been reading on sites like military.com that they're increasing the amount of people allowed to palace chase. Any idea as to what that'll look like? Specific year groups?

Also, I've read through this post and there isn't too much infoon how common it is for someone with squashed bug wings to get hired by a guard/reserve unit to get sent to UPT through the palace chase program. Any info on that as well?

Also, I've read through this post and there isn't too much infoon how common it is for someone with squashed bug wings to get hired by a guard/reserve unit to get sent to UPT through the palace chase program. Any info on that as well?

Almost 0.00% chance of that happening unless you know someone in the unit.

Almost 0.00% chance of that happening unless you know someone in the unit.

Is that a money thing? Time and effort thing?

Also, sounds like a challenge. I like challenges. And I do know people in the unit as well. Who knows what'll happen. I just like to know my options for both my and my families future.

• 3 weeks later...

We're three for three on guys going from Nav to UPT in the guard. Some wait up to a year to actually go, but PC, Age Waiver, and acceptance being 100%. I know they had to be at least an instructor and PPL to get the invite, but we're talking heavy units not fighters/etc. Might be serious luck of the draw or those guys had beer-flavored nipples...who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Is that a money thing? Time and effort thing?

Also, sounds like a challenge. I like challenges. And I do know people in the unit as well. Who knows what'll happen. I just like to know my options for both my and my families future.

It is worth a shot. My guard unit took an AD nav and put her through UPT.

• Upvote 1

The last I heard was 1 to 2 years prior to ADSC. I still have four left and they cannot go by quick enough. I was one of the guys who tried to VSP but was declined. I don't understand why they just won't let us jump with 2+ years left if they are wanting people out so bad.

Has anyone seen any update to Palace Chase program in FY12 or have any rumors about some changes to the program? Specifically, is there any way to apply for the program as a pilot with around 2 1/2 years left in an ADSC? I know that there are some earlier threads on this forum that discuss palace chase, maximum ADSC remaining and bypassing the regs via waivers but they seem to address the program the way it was a few years ago, not today. But most of it just seems like 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge or hearsay. For instance, I've heard that mobility pilots weren't eligible at this time nor are they being accepted now regardless of ADSC remaining. However, some people downrange recently mentioned that its not a set policy and that there are many ways to gain an exception to policy and join the reserves, especially if the reserve unit is ready to hire you. I can't find anything in writing regarding ADSC requirements but I am reluctant to ask in person if I'm just going to be shot down after I show my cards. I was hoping someone with a recent experience on the process might be able to provide additional perspective or a more definitive answer.

Edited by kdwntwn

Just approved with a 1 May DOS. 11M with about 8 months of ADSC remaining. All of that came with a PCS (UPT commitment complete). Interviewed and was hired by a reserve unit before ever starting the process. I personally know 2 other 11Ms who have been approved within the last couple months. One of them had a couple years left on his UPT commitment.

Has anyone had any luck with getting approved when your commander recommends disapproval? I'm still stunned that some people can't just let go even with rifs, force shaping boards, and vsp going on.

UFB. Can you share your cc's logic in disapproving the request? In my time, as soon as a guy identified as wanting to PC, we helped him all the way...what gives these days?

I don't understand their secret formula here at all. People like me who actually raised our hands to get out would not get let out and buddies of mine who wanted to make Big Blue a career were RIFed. I don't get it and I don't think I will ever will.

• 1 month later...

All the guys I've known have had the support of their CCs. Here's the routing the package takes: Sq/CC, Wg/CC, AFPC/PC office, Functional, SAF/PC office. All stops before SAF/PC can only recommend approval/disapproval. It's my understanding that SAF/PC will sign off on a package that has been recommended for approval by all parties involved. A recommendation for disapproval along the way might mean things get tricky. Did both the Sq/CC and Wg/CC recommend disapproval?

All the guys I've known have had the support of their CCs. Here's the routing the package takes: Sq/CC, Wg/CC, AFPC/PC office, Functional, SAF/PC office. All stops before SAF/PC can only recommend approval/disapproval. It's my understanding that SAF/PC will sign off on a package that has been recommended for approval by all parties involved. A recommendation for disapproval along the way might mean things get tricky. Did both the Sq/CC and Wg/CC recommend disapproval?

Just to clarify, the first level of approval is Wg/CC, not SQ/CC. The SQ/CC has no say in the matter, other than what the Wg/CC asks him. So while it behooves you to have SQ/CC support, its not required. Also, Wg/CC cannot disapprove valid applications without explicit justification.

In other news, if you're a C-130 nav looking for a job, Cheyenne needs 'em!

The WG/CC is NOT the approval authority...while he does make a "approve/disapprove" check-mark in CMS, it should really be a "concur/non-concur"....the approval authority is SAF/PC.

My PC was approveed (with SQ/CC, WG/CC and Fighter Porch "approvals").

Other dudes in my squadrons have been denied (all with WG/CC and Fighter Porch "disapproving").

Cheers,

Cap-10