Baseops Forums

3 hours ago, Kitten Mittens said:

BADFNZ: No, I check in CMS.  I called yesterday since the last update I heard was "10 business days" but lo and behold 10 business days later they said again "should be to the next person by the end of next week."

herkbier: I submitted on 21 November and am only asking for 3 months off my ADSC...so submit as soon as you can, because even mine (which shouldn't have to go to SAF/PC) has taken this long.  They already told me I'm going to have to push my DOS back, so now it'll only be about 1.5 months relief from my ADSC.

Checks, plan on submitting one year out from the requested separation date. Have a few more months to wait. 

PC approved.

Initial submission was on 21 Nov, and as I look back at where everything sat it was the Wing and a Group that f*cked around with it all the most. Completed package got to AFPC/PC on 12 March...so, give them 2 months to process everything and you should be fine...don’t let the Group/Wing sit on stuff and hopefully everyone is smoother than my process.

After all the delays and change to my requested DOS, ended up only being about 2 months off my UPT adsc.

Good luck all.

• Like 2

Tried today, but the CMS trail already deleted since it's not an "active case" anymore...I'll actually log into CMS tomorrow and post each step it went through on here.

• Like 1

PC approved.
Initial submission was on 21 Nov, and as I look back at where everything sat it was the Wing and a Group that f*cked around with it all the most. Completed package got to AFPC/PC on 12 March...so, give them 2 months to process everything and you should be fine...don’t let the Group/Wing sit on stuff and hopefully everyone is smoother than my process.
After all the delays and change to my requested DOS, ended up only being about 2 months off my UPT adsc.
Good luck all.

First off, congratulations. I’m hoping mine will be approved soon since it made it to AFPC on 1 March. Maybe they actually applied logic and pushed yours through quicker to accommodate the earlier separation date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I’m getting antsy and sick of waiting on AFPC to pull the trigger. Has anyone tried setting a separation date for the end of your ADSC while having a PC application pending? The PC reg only states you can’t be within “6 months of a normal date of separation at the time of application.”

I’d like to set a DOS, start the ball rolling to get my family and our stuff packed and moved this summer. I can just hang out here and either wait for PC approval/terminal or even longer for terminal for my normal DOS. My ISR says setting a DOS will make me ineligible for PC. I’m not seeing that in the reg or the PSDM.

If you’re at the end of your ADSC and separating, doesn’t that by definition make it Palace Front?

If you’re at the end of your ADSC and separating, doesn’t that by definition make it Palace Front?

I’m not at the end of my ADSC yet, but will be soon. I’m only asking for 3 months off for PC, so I can move my family over the summer.

42 minutes ago, MooseAg03 said:

I’m not at the end of my ADSC yet, but will be soon. I’m only asking for 3 months off for PC, so I can move my family over the summer.

Right, but the part where you want to establish a DOS at the end of your ADSC, that makes it PF. 

Right, but the part where you want to establish a DOS at the end of your ADSC, that makes it PF. 

Yes, I’m aware of that. I would prefer the slightly early out with PC, but I don’t want to have to sell back half of my terminal leave and I’d like to get TMO and all that stuff started. So any idea if you can do both at once?

Edit: Actually it wouldn’t even be both at once. I wouldn’t even apply for Palace Front unless they seriously delay my PC approval. I just want the separation date set to try to get TMO set up.

Mine left the Wing and arrived at the PC office on 3 April.  Finally moved from PC to the Assignments team on 17 May.  How long from this point were you guys getting a tentative yay or nay?

Mine arrived at officer assignments on 25 March. It got back to PC Separations on 22 Apr and still nothing. I’ll let you know when I hear something.

To answer my own question above for those that might reference this in the future, you cannot set a separation date and simultaneously apply for Palace Chase. According to AFPC, you can only have 1 Voluntary Separation application pending at a time. Leaving the Air Force at the completion of your ADSC is considered voluntary separation, so you’d have to cancel any pending PC application to do that. The table in 36-3205 says you can’t have a pending voluntary separation.