Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

21 hours ago, Duck said:

I'm interested in this as well. This whole process is a continuous changing process. The first time I applied I didn't even have an ISR and it made it through to SAF/PC . The third time it was kicked back by the PALACE CHASE office for. It having an ISR listed on my paperwork... can't wait to get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Duck, What did it get kicked back for? Mine got kicked back from the Palace Chase office to my Base Separations authority for things like adjusting the Req DOS and they needed an email stating that I was deployed and an aircrew member.  

Got kicked back for 1) not having an ISR listed, 2) having some sort of code for deployment availability. Can't remember which code it was. 3) I had just had an emergency appendectomy 3 weeks before my last PFT so I was exempt from cardio and sit ups. Apparently that is also a no-go for PC. So I am just pushing to get passed over for Major rather than dealing with a no chance PC app.

For the dudes who have PC'd their GI Bill Transfer of Education Benefits ADSC to the ARC - how did you regain authority the transfer benefits after having them revoked via PC? 

Other than the memo in Attachment 21 of the January 2016 PSD, was there other paperwork/coord for "losing" the TEB and associated ADSC?

Second, and totally separate from PC/PF - anyone know the process of removing the TEB ADSC after self-revoking the benefit, since the ADSC doesn't automatically go away after self-revocation? 

The TEB is my only ADSC remaining, and I wonder if it's easier to just self-revoke the TEB (and remove the ADSC), palace front, then re-apply for TEB once in the ANG, totally bypassing the palace chase suspense/waiting four months to re-apply, etc.

Thanks for any and all SA remotely related to this subject.

brabus, you've probably seen the voluntary education AFI 36-2649 (Oct 14) - this paragraph clarified things for me a bit. 

"A13.18.8.6. A member who separates or is released from Armed Forces prior to completion of an agreed upon additional service commitment will have their transfer of benefits revoked by the DVA. Benefits already used by a dependent will be recouped by the DVA. However:

A13.18.8.6.1. If the Airman was a member of the active component, the Airman may join a Selected Reserve unit (i.e., Palace Chase or Palace Front) and regain the authority to transfer benefits if the Airman agrees to serve at least the remaining length of time which was not served under the original agreement. "

Don't know if that helps at all - I wish more of this sh!t was in English.

Thanks dude, that is good info.  I'll have to read that more closely - though the skeptic in me already sees the wording "reserve unit" in there.  One would think that loosely includes all ARC units, but I wouldn't be surprised if going to ANG vs. AFRC screws you.  That said, maybe I'm too jaded and all will be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 10:23 PM, brabus said:

Sweet - sounds like I'll just serve out a couple months of TEB in the guard. 

So are you going to Palace Front, disregarding the ADSC for GI Bill?  I'm in the same boat, trying to decide between twooptions: 1. Revoke transfer, then re-transfer once on AGR orders, essentially Palace Front then re-start 4-yr clock 2. Palace Chase, hope for the best, would allow ADSC remaining to "roll into" the AGR commitment 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2016 at 6:47 AM, brabus said:

I'm going for palace chase, planning to roll the last couple months of ADSC into the guard. Where did you read you cant do that if you palace front?

Well I'm just now being informed that you can revoke the transfer of benefits but it doesn't revert the ADSC (shady).  This is after being told (documented on vPC) that I could just palace front and serve out the time as an AGR.  I'm just starting to dig into the regs to see the actual verbiage but the agreement I signed to transfer the benefits just says it's a "service commitment", not Active Duty so the whole thing is FUBAR as far as I'm concerned but I'm afraid I'm painted into a corner and not going to be able to get out 'till next year.  Good luck, let me know if you're getting different info.  

23 hours ago, BetterIntheBuff said:

Well I'm just now being informed that you can revoke the transfer of benefits but it doesn't revert the ADSC (shady).  This is after being told (documented on vPC) that I could just palace front and serve out the time as an AGR.  I'm just starting to dig into the regs to see the actual verbiage but the agreement I signed to transfer the benefits just says it's a "service commitment", not Active Duty so the whole thing is FUBAR as far as I'm concerned but I'm afraid I'm painted into a corner and not going to be able to get out 'till next year.  Good luck, let me know if you're getting different info.  

Who were you working with and did referencing the above mentioned AFI matter at all?  I'm in the exact same boat. 

On 1/4/2017 at 11:12 PM, * said:

Who were you working with and did referencing the above mentioned AFI matter at all?  I'm in the exact same boat. 

Here's what I've found:

-The Transfer of Benefits office doesn't care if you serve out the ADSC on active or roll it into AGR service.  Neither does the VA, nor the Reserve Education Office nor ARPC.

-The AFPC (active) call center will tell you that you can or can't roll back the ADSC or serve it on AGR depending on who you reach, but it's all their own interpretation.  

-The only office that seems to be knowledgeable about the whole thing is the Palace Chase Office, who is very familiar with the situation and claims to have had it legal reviewed and is in line with SAF-PC's guidance when they say you cannot reverse the benefits transfer and then reverse the ADSC that came with it.  Thus, the only avenue to someone trying to go AGR is to Palace Chase, and the longer you are asking for the longer your shot is.  They said to make sure to write a thorough justification, have both sides of the 1288 complete and signed, and a letter of intent from the hiring unit to boost your chances.  It helps to show you aren't going to jump to the airlines and already have a job lined up (if you do).  Even then, they said Palace Chase results are erratic depending on who is reviewing and how saucy they feel at the moment they see your package (so to have spoken).  The process is currently taking 6-8 weeks from when they receive the complete paperwork, so ramrod it through your own leadership and get it in their hands ASAP.  Fire away with questions.  The only office I have yet to reach is the ADSC back-shop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2017 at 1:29 PM, BetterIntheBuff said:

Here's what I've found:

-The Transfer of Benefits office doesn't care if you serve out the ADSC on active or roll it into AGR service.  Neither does the VA, nor the Reserve Education Office nor ARPC.

-The AFPC (active) call center will tell you that you can or can't roll back the ADSC or serve it on AGR depending on who you reach, but it's all their own interpretation.  

-The only office that seems to be knowledgeable about the whole thing is the Palace Chase Office, who is very familiar with the situation and claims to have had it legal reviewed and is in line with SAF-PC's guidance when they say you cannot reverse the benefits transfer and then reverse the ADSC that came with it.  Thus, the only avenue to someone trying to go AGR is to Palace Chase, and the longer you are asking for the longer your shot is.  They said to make sure to write a thorough justification, have both sides of the 1288 complete and signed, and a letter of intent from the hiring unit to boost your chances.  It helps to show you aren't going to jump to the airlines and already have a job lined up (if you do).  Even then, they said Palace Chase results are erratic depending on who is reviewing and how saucy they feel at the moment they see your package (so to have spoken).  The process is currently taking 6-8 weeks from when they receive the complete paperwork, so ramrod it through your own leadership and get it in their hands ASAP.  Fire away with questions.  The only office I have yet to reach is the ADSC back-shop.

Thanks for the info. Good luck to all of us. I assume the earlier we submit the better the chances. Right now they are focused on fighters and moral in bombers is "pretty darn good" so maybe we can sneak by before they realize. 

How long was yours at AFPC? Mine got there about a week ago; haven't checked the status since last mon. Hopefully yours is only slightly delayed due to all the changes going on in Washington, not because of policy change. 

Mine has been at AFPC since 13 Jan. It's bounced around a few offices, and got sent to the wrong core functional. I had to have my SqCC contact the C-17 functional to ask that he "get" my package in CMS. If you have someone in your sq that has CMS access, I highly recommend you have them check. Just looking at your application in vMPF won't tell you much, and won't show every time it moves.

That being said, so far everyone has "non-recommend" my app because 8 month early is apparently too much to ask for.