Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My PC got approved last week and I owe this site a lot for the gouge.  I'm a 2007 11S former NSAv PC-12 guy that's currently flying T-6s.  I was hired by a Guard unit close to home and will be leaving AD 2 years and 10 months early.  Everything went my way - SQ, WG and functional all recommended approval.  I was very proactive and would recommend meeting or at least talking to all of them.  My airframe being phased out helped my case as well.  It's not an easy process, so don't make the decision without some serious thought.  

Any C-130J guys heard of any IPs having a PC application approved?  

No, and I know of at least one guy who applied last year under the force shaping rules who got denied but is trying again every 6 months until he either gets approved or finishes his ADSC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On October 29, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Champ Kind said:

Any C-130J guys heard of any IPs having a PC application approved?  

Mine was denied with a line number, completely filled out 1288, and wing approval. The functional said the J community was over manned...however he needs all the IPs he can get to stand up RJTY while keeping the schoolhouse manned. He's gonna be able to play that card for the next 3yrs at least while they stand up. 

My PC got approved last week and I owe this site a lot for the gouge.  I'm a 2007 11S former NSAv PC-12 guy that's currently flying T-6s.  I was hired by a Guard unit close to home and will be leaving AD 2 years and 10 months early.  Everything went my way - SQ, WG and functional all recommended approval.  I was very proactive and would recommend meeting or at least talking to all of them.  My airframe being phased out helped my case as well.  It's not an easy process, so don't make the decision without some serious thought.  

That's also because you smell funny and we are sick of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily PC but I was told that if your only ADSC is from the post 9-11 GI Bill TEB that you could transfer your remaining commitment to the ANG. (Confirmed via AFI)

I got hired as an AGR and want to separate but in vMPF separations the only options for separation that seem to make sense are Palace Chase, transfer to another service, or misc. my question is which one do I choose to start that process?

It would either be a palace chase or misc. if you do a miscellaneous they will probably want you to write a memo stating that your forfeit you VA TEB since a miscellaneous separation completely let's you out of your remaining ADSC.

Only 2 years? That is what I have seen approved lately. I would keep trying. Being an IP is a special container the functional checks which is hurting you too. Ugh. Big Blue.

On December 19, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Duck said:

How much were you asking for? Heavy functionals are being told to deny all apps outside of one year.

Where do you get that info from? I only ask because I'm wondering if I need to make a phone call down to AFPC after the holidays and find out what they are approving or not approving. I'm also an 11M.

AMC/ACC functional roadshow just came through my base. The C-17 specific functional said they are under orders to recommend disapproval for anyone outside 1 year. He said the most of an 11M he has seen get out of is 2 years. Remember they are just making a recommendation but it seems to carry more weight than the O-6 Wing Commander who recommends approve. F@ck this place.

• Upvote 1

How long does it typically taking from hitting "submit" on the request to reach a decision?  Do they take the time it takes to lead turn the application into the decision?  Ex:  if it takes about three months to process and you submit 15 months out, is that deemed "no" because it's outside of a year?

Man, how bad has AD gotten that we are nickel and diming PC applications to the month?

Bad. But it seems to take around 6-7 weeks or so. Mine always makes it out of the wing quickly but sits a lot at AFPC and the Palace Chase office.

On 12/25/2015 at 8:36 PM, Champ Kind said:

How long does it typically taking from hitting "submit" on the request to reach a decision?  Do they take the time it takes to lead turn the application into the decision?  Ex:  if it takes about three months to process and you submit 15 months out, is that deemed "no" because it's outside of a year?

Man, how bad has AD gotten that we are nickel and diming PC applications to the month?

My understanding was that they deny/approve apps based on your proposed date of separation, not the date you submit it. So, if your ADSC was up on Jan 1, 2018, you could apply for a DOS on Jan 1, 2017 and probably get it, but the earliest you could submit it for that particular DOS is July 1, 2017 (~180 days prior).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

I think you mean he could submit July 2016 for a Jan 2017 separation in your example, but yes they base their decision on the day you put down you want to separate and how much remaining ADSC you would have then. I remember something about valid separation dates being between 8 weeks to a max of 6 months from the day you hit submit. However it is still first come first processed at the PC office regardless of how early or late your requested separation date.

On 12/19/2015 at 5:51 AM, abmwaldo said:

Not necessarily PC but I was told that if your only ADSC is from the post 9-11 GI Bill TEB that you could transfer your remaining commitment to the ANG. (Confirmed via AFI)

I got hired as an AGR and want to separate but in vMPF separations the only options for separation that seem to make sense are Palace Chase, transfer to another service, or misc. my question is which one do I choose to start that process?

What AFi is this in?  I was curious to see if mine would get approved with my only ADSC being GI Bill transfer going until 2018.....

• 1 month later...

What AFi is this in?  I was curious to see if mine would get approved with my only ADSC being GI Bill transfer going until 2018.....

So I can't seem to find it in an AFI; that specific data is from my in service recruiter, taken with a salt shaker full of salt, I'll post the exact verbiage later. I ended up applying for Palace Chase anyways; I'll let the message board know what happens. I've got less than a year, hired for a full time AGR job, and don't want to go to staff this summer so what do I have to lose?

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I am kicking around the idea of Palace Chasing I wanted to ask, is there such a thing as "too early"?  In other words, I am still a few years out from being eligible so is it worth mine and the ANG sq's time to send them my resume and start contacting them?  My thought is, I would rather them have my file on hand for a few years so that when that time comes, the seeds of familiarity have already been sown.  However, if a guard bubba says that sending them my information this early will result in my file going to straight to the shredder, then I will wait.