Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

3 hours ago, GearDown said:

I emailed the Palace Chase office last week and they didn't have an update outside of "we haven't received info back from SAF".  Anyone else heard an update with their case?

Negatron. Apparently AFPC decided to sit on mine for nearly a month before sending along to SAF…2 weeks ago now.  Was able to get ahold of the last dude who pushed it along over the phone…said to expect 30-45 days to hear back. 

15 hours ago, WheelsOff said:

Negatron. Apparently AFPC decided to sit on mine for nearly a month before sending along to SAF…2 weeks ago now.  Was able to get ahold of the last dude who pushed it along over the phone…said to expect 30-45 days to hear back. 

That’s ridiculous. All in all, mine took 4 months to make it through AFPC. Just to get to SAF and sit for “30-45 days”.  Still waiting on an answer. I know people who are already past their requested separation date and still waiting. Who knew you had to submit a year in advance in order to not be in a significant crunch…

• 2 weeks later...

@GearDown

My PC application was disapproved at SAFPC and it took almost exactly 3 months total from the time time I clicked submit in vMPF to the disapproval email arriving.

I had requested ~14 months off ADSC and had disapproval recommendations all the way up due to "acute need for rated manning."  If you are requesting less than 6 months and have some approvals, your app won't go to SAFPC and I've been told they take 40-80 days for AFPC to adjudicate.

SAFPC does have a board that meets and reviews all apps.  I believe they meeting every ~2 weeks, but they prep your documents and sometimes call your reserve sq/cc with questions prior to the board.  So, it is possible (worst case) that your app would arrive at SAFPC the week of the board, but not be ready for the board to view.

• Like 1

My ISR told me today that I need to be within 6 months of my requested date to apply for PC. After reading the reg, I'm not sure who this actually applies to: enlisted only, overseas members only, or if it's just not true.

Does anyone know the real answer? I'll be asking for 5.5 months off of a PCS ADSC; looking to leave AD in early December 2022 (May '23 is the actual end of my PCS ADSC). So, if the 6-month rule is true, I can't apply until July-ish. I've heard horror stories about PC request timelines (including within this thread), but this rule seems to set you up for failure from the outset (no time to out-process without selling back at least some leave in my case).

• 2 weeks later...

Palace chase officially denied. Entire process took right at 4 months start to finish to reach the unfortunate decision. Asked for 5.5 months off a PCS ADSC (UPT ADSC already completed) to go back to UPT reserves. What a joke. 

Edited by WheelsOff

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

the whole process is a fucking joke. everything about the admin part of the AF/military is a joke.

It’s not the admin part I’m really upset about in this case (although it was a joke)…it’s the ineptitude of leadership and people in decision-making positions to apply/use logic. I guess lobotomies really are standard issue when pinning on O-6…

Edited by WheelsOff

Dang. Sorry to hear that. It really makes no sense to me. AF doesn’t realize that plenty of folks see situations like this happen and decide to just cut ties completely and not continue in any capacity after Active Duty.

Somehow them taking the risk of you separating completely and not staying in the Reserves for the next 9 years is worth having you on the books in your Sq for the next 5.5 months? 

49 minutes ago, GearDown said:

Dang. Sorry to hear that. It really makes no sense to me. AF doesn’t realize that plenty of folks see situations like this happen and decide to just cut ties completely and not continue in any capacity after Active Duty.

Somehow them taking the risk of you separating completely and not staying in the Reserves for the next 9 years is worth having you on the books in your Sq for the next 5.5 months? 

Exactly my point.

• 1 month later...

PC_2.thumb.PNG.9bea2ba1d0e181534b264e92ddda4264.PNGI wish I find this forums a couple of months ago when I was starting the application process.  

I had no idea one could see the Palace Chase flow through vMPF in the CMS case section....so thanks for all the info you guys have all shared.

I'm currently going through the Palace Chase process and am awaiting SAF/PC to make a decision.  I know the SAF/PC process can take up to 45 days so I'm hoping for maybe at the end of April to have final word.

I wish I woulda started this process earlier since I have 120 days of leave to use as terminal.  If approved, does anyone know how easy to push back the DOS?

Edited by Flaps_n_Slats

• 5 months later...

Hey all. Just wanted to say thank you for the wealth of knowledge on this thread. My package is currently waiting for SAF/PC adjudication and has been with them for about 30 days. It is a long shot for my approval as I asked for 23 months off, but my AFSC is currently overmanned. I'm hoping between that and having a COCOM reserve job lined up, they may go for it. My AFPC routing took right around 4 months, but we had some hiccups along the way due to me being at a GSU and the system not letting us route through the proper base chain of command. I suspect it would have been closer to 3 months without those hiccups.