Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Any recent Palace Chase approvals or denials and timeline from submission to adjudication?

MyPers is advertising 16+ weeks for officers, just trying to get a feel for current timelines if your package has to go to SAFPC for adjudication.  Understand if you have all approvals/concurs it could be faster if adjudicated by the O-6 at AFPC.

Lastly, I've heard from AFPC that there is current HAF/A3 guidance to deny/non-concur any Palace Chase applications that are asking for greater than 6 months off a ADSC.  I've been told this guidance was initially put out specifically to address UPT commitments for the rated folks, but have heard it is being applied to other ADSCs such as GI TEB, PCS, TA etc by some functionals at AFPC.  Can anyone corroborate or heard anything different?

Just passed 5 months since submission, asking for 3.5 months off of UPT ADSC and 1 month off pcs ADSC.

I’ve gotten “recommend approval” at every level, so should be adjudicated with the O-6...but still a painful process.

The most recent comment in CMS from AFPC officer assignments states “in line with HAF/A3 guidance (ADSC curtailments of 6 months or less typically supported), DP2O recommends approval.” So it looks like there’s HAF guidance out there, not sure where it originated or who/what it applies to though... 

Has anyone thought about elevating this to their congressman or senator. If they want to deny it then deny it but making you wait til last minute is ridiculous. Perhaps it’s time someone tries elevating this.  

Edited by Lifer

Has anyone thought about elevating this to their congressman or senator. If they want to deny it then deny it but making you wait til last minute is wrong on so many levels. Seems everyone has tried fixing this at the lowest level and failed perhaps it’s time it gets elevated. 
I'm not going to rule it out but I'm not there yet in my current situation. We'll see how the next month or two develops.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Baseops Network mobile app

I’m in the same boat...it’s circled back from AFPC and is sitting with PC since the 22nd.

i called last week and they said I had to allow them 10 business days to process...so I’m hoping by the end of the week, but it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve been a little off in their timelines.

I’m in the same boat...it’s circled back from AFPC and is sitting with PC since the 22nd.

i called last week and they said I had to allow them 10 business days to process...so I’m hoping by the end of the week, but it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve been a little off in their timelines.

It seems like they’re moving a stack together. My app has been sitting since 22 Mar with PC as well.

Mine left the Wing on 3 Apr and has been sitting with the PC office ever since with no movement.  Did the initial PC review usually take this long?  I had a buddy submit in Nov, got approval last month, and he showed me his transmittal sheet which showed movement from the initial PC office look within 2 HOURS of getting there.

Are you checking the status in CMS? If it’s been there with no movement I would call and ask for a status check. All they are supposed to do initially is verify your eligibility then send to AFPC to get manning numbers.

otherwise if you’re just checking in the application itself it may only say “referred to palace chase opr”

Finally got in touch with someone useful who asked around and got a response on my package...

”we are working 236+ cases this week that have come back from assignments and will get to it as soon as we can...hopefully will get to it by end of next week, provided their systems don’t go down. They were down yesterday and wednesday...” and then the standard “please work through your ISR if you have any questions.”

Then they told me my 18 May separation date clearly isn’t going to work and that will be worked when I submit the final 1288 after tentative/conditional approval...and it has to be at least 45 days after I submit that final 1288 so they can process that one as well.

So, me asking for 3 months off adsc is now going to turn into 45 days for additional processing of the 1288, then 45 days of terminal. I’ll be lucky if I can PC even a day.

Finally got in touch with someone useful who asked around and got a response on my package...

”we are working 236+ cases this week that have come back from assignments and will get to it as soon as we can...hopefully will get to it by end of next week, provided their systems don’t go down. They were down yesterday and wednesday...” and then the standard “please work through your ISR if you have any questions.”

Then they told me my 18 May separation date clearly isn’t going to work and that will be worked when I submit the final 1288 after tentative/conditional approval...and it has to be at least 45 days after I submit that final 1288 so they can process that one as well.

So, me asking for 3 months off adsc is now going to turn into 45 days for additional processing of the 1288, then 45 days of terminal. I’ll be lucky if I can PC even a day.

Ugh. Sorry your DOS is getting effed with. That sucks.

My date was 22 Apr not March. My bad. Thanks for reaching out and passing the words.

Anybody with recent experience know how long it takes to get your medical reviewed at AFRC/SG in order to transition, assuming nothing contentious? PC just got approved, I just want to make sure terminal leave doesn’t get pushed back by waiting on that.

And if things do get backed up, does that hold up going on terminal, or just coming back on Reserve duty?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

16 hours ago, Kitten Mittens said:

Are you checking the status in CMS? If it’s been there with no movement I would call and ask for a status check. All they are supposed to do initially is verify your eligibility then send to AFPC to get manning numbers.

otherwise if you’re just checking in the application itself it may only say “referred to palace chase opr”

This is in CMS.  Are you guys just calling the Total Force Center for a status check?

20 hours ago, Kitten Mittens said:

How far prior to your requested separation date did you submit the PC app?

BADFNZ: No, I check in CMS.  I called yesterday since the last update I heard was "10 business days" but lo and behold 10 business days later they said again "should be to the next person by the end of next week."

herkbier: I submitted on 21 November and am only asking for 3 months off my ADSC...so submit as soon as you can, because even mine (which shouldn't have to go to SAF/PC) has taken this long.  They already told me I'm going to have to push my DOS back, so now it'll only be about 1.5 months relief from my ADSC.

3 hours ago, Kitten Mittens said:

BADFNZ: No, I check in CMS.  I called yesterday since the last update I heard was "10 business days" but lo and behold 10 business days later they said again "should be to the next person by the end of next week."

herkbier: I submitted on 21 November and am only asking for 3 months off my ADSC...so submit as soon as you can, because even mine (which shouldn't have to go to SAF/PC) has taken this long.  They already told me I'm going to have to push my DOS back, so now it'll only be about 1.5 months relief from my ADSC.

Checks, plan on submitting one year out from the requested separation date. Have a few more months to wait. 

PC approved.

Initial submission was on 21 Nov, and as I look back at where everything sat it was the Wing and a Group that f*cked around with it all the most. Completed package got to AFPC/PC on 12 March...so, give them 2 months to process everything and you should be fine...don’t let the Group/Wing sit on stuff and hopefully everyone is smoother than my process.

After all the delays and change to my requested DOS, ended up only being about 2 months off my UPT adsc.

Good luck all.

• Like 2

PC approved.
Initial submission was on 21 Nov, and as I look back at where everything sat it was the Wing and a Group that f*cked around with it all the most. Completed package got to AFPC/PC on 12 March...so, give them 2 months to process everything and you should be fine...don’t let the Group/Wing sit on stuff and hopefully everyone is smoother than my process.
After all the delays and change to my requested DOS, ended up only being about 2 months off my UPT adsc.
Good luck all.

First off, congratulations. I’m hoping mine will be approved soon since it made it to AFPC on 1 March. Maybe they actually applied logic and pushed yours through quicker to accommodate the earlier separation date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for advice...

I am a active duty pilot and have a guard unit that wants to hire me.  I am an O-5 with 15 years of service.  I have already served my initial UPT commitment, but I have multiple ADSC (school, Bonus, maybe even some left on GI transfer) that take me out to 2025.  I talked to an in service recruiter and he told me it was possible to Palace Chase still (although tough).  He said I would have a 6 year payback (since that's the max) and that the Guard would have to initiate the paperwork stating they were willing and ready to hire me.  Then I would have to run the Active Duty side for approval.

Has anyone ever heard of someone being able to get out of that sort of commitment?

Can anyone in the active duty chain disapprove Palace Chase or is the board always the ultimate decision authority?

Any advice would be much appreciated!