Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

2 hours ago, Pretty_Darn_Good said:

Call the Total Force Service Center and ask to talk to the Palace Chase office.  

I submitted my PC app a month ago and kept checking vMPF to see the status and it said “Referred to Sq/CC” except it wasn’t. After the J1 failed to track the app down in CMS, I called the PC office and found my app had been sitting for over 2 weeks with the Palace Chase office with no action as it was missing Sq and Wg/CC endorsement.  I asked what they were planning on doing with it and was told, nothing.

Eventually got them to reroute it per the PSD Separations Guide to the Sq/CC and it just recently showed up in their CMS...so that’s a month added to an already long process.  I’d imagine if you don’t have a Sq/CC check but have Wg/CC that shouldn’t hold up the process but is worth asking when you call the PC office.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease and good luck.

I called the Total Force Center but they'll never route me to the PC office.  They just write down my questions and put me on hold to ask them.  Have a secret code to get through?  I specifically asked the "no Sq/CC" question to them a few weeks ago before I submitted, and after putting me on hold she came back and said it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't trust the middle man in this situation.

I called the Total Force Center but they'll never route me to the PC office.  They just write down my questions and put me on hold to ask them.  Have a secret code to get through?  I specifically asked the "no Sq/CC" question to them a few weeks ago before I submitted, and after putting me on hold she came back and said it shouldn't be a problem, but I don't trust the middle man in this situation.

Unfortunately I don’t have a secret code. I’ve had the same experience of having to go through a middle man which is super frustrating that you can’t just talk to the actual office. My experience has varied wildly depending on who the middle man happens to be. If I don’t like the result, I’ll just call back an hour later (wait on hold for 45 mins, speaker phone helps) and then hope for someone different/more helpful.

I’ve had some success with filing MyPERS incidents and then calling the total force number to request updates to that specific question through the middle man but even that is hit or miss.
Hoping someone can chime in with a better way because the current process is ridiculous.

Also, I’ve had mild success with having someone with CMS access look up my case number to figure out where it might be hung up and then calling/e-mailing repeatedly that POC until they determine it is easier to move it along then continue to deal with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found another way to see where your PC app sits through vMPF’s Case Management System link at the top right of the vMPF homepage.
Maybe this is common knowledge, but wasn’t for me as I just assumed since I didn’t have CMS access I couldn’t track it. Confirmed this morning you are able to view your own cases by selecting “active cases” inside that page.
Unfortunately it doesn’t list contact info but does have office symbol with a time/date stamp of when that office was assigned it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pretty_Darn_Good said:

Found another way to see where your PC app sits through vMPF’s Case Management System link at the top right of the vMPF homepage.
Maybe this is common knowledge, but wasn’t for me as I just assumed since I didn’t have CMS access I couldn’t track it. Confirmed this morning you are able to view your own cases by selecting “active cases” inside that page.
Unfortunately it doesn’t list contact info but does have office symbol with a time/date stamp of when that office was assigned it.

Yep, I check that link daily.  For some reason it doesn't match what my vMPF Separations Application status says.

1 hour ago, MooseAg03 said:

I checked it today, apparently my application has been bouncing around various stops in the Officer Assignments/Manning shop at AFPC this week. It’s been 4 weeks.

The moose at the front should have told ya we were closed.

Moose, sounds like we are in almost the exact same boat.

after Wg/cc it goes to AFPC to get recommendations based on numbers from from Core AFSC and duty afsc, then back to Pc office and afpc division chief for final adjudication.

ive got a little birdy friend that’s able to pull down the “transmittal sheet” from CMS and it spells it out pretty clearly. From what it looks like, it shows that the Col can approve the final given dual recommendations on the way up.

Actually, looks like you don’t even need CMS access to view that sheet. Go to vmpf>self-service actions >separations >voluntary sep >view my application then scroll down to the documents attached to your app. It’s labelled “new SAFPC transmittal”

it’s a consolidated sheet that has the sq/cc rec, Wg/cc rec, afpc’s afsc #s, pc’s rec, and most importantly at the bottom it lists who will be the final adjudication. I think if “afpc adjudicate” is selected then it doesn’t need to go up to sit at SAF/PC for 8 weeks. That’s my understanding, and it jives with Goat’s earlier comments.

Edited by Kitten Mittens

Thanks Kitten Mittens, I finally got Sq and Wg/CC approvals today and those options opened up in vMPF for me to see approvals, comments, and the next steps.
Really hoping my application can get adjudicated at the O-6 level and not go to SAF/PC.
Once again this forum is the best resource for learning how to flight follow/keep this thing going. Thanks all!

there’s a document on myPers that has a flow chart and lays it out really simple. I think it’s called the separation program guide or something like that. I’ve got it saved, I’ll let you know on monday when I’m back at my computer. I’ve referenced and attached it as supporting docs when my css or the wing didn’t know where to route stuff.

i believe after the HR review by sq/cc and Wg/cc it went to the palace chase office to verify eligibility, then it went to AFPC separations for routing and manning checks. I think the first office code was DP2STM and then they sent it to DP2O...I only remember that because I was stalking for names/numbers on global based on the office codes I could see in the CMS status page.

1 hour ago, BADFNZ said:

Where does it spell out the correct routing for the PC app?  We were just guessing that it should go to the PC office after Wg/CC, but you guys are saying AFPC Separations?

@Pretty_Darn_Good @Kitten Mittens

They are called PSDs. They have a bunch of things and are the personnel guides that keep you from knowing their processes that conflict with AFIs.

They are all on MyPers.

Edited by LookieRookie
  • Like 1

This is the flow 

SQ/CC

WG/CC

—palace Chase office confirms your eligible then sends it to your functional 

—functional send it to his boss

—back to palace chase office who sends it to 06 in charge of Manning 

–06....either approved (if all previous approvals) or goes onto SAF/PC

• Like 1

Yeah, the flow chart is wrong when it comes to routing of the app as well. The office symbols are all different than what I’m seeing in CMS.

My app has been sitting with DP2O (or something) since 26 March with no movement. After 3 calls to the Total Force Service center, their computers were finally up and running. The customer service rep tried to connect me to officer assignments, but I guess it’s too late on a Friday.

6 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

Yeah, the flow chart is wrong when it comes to routing of the app as well. The office symbols are all different than what I’m seeing in CMS.

My app has been sitting with DP2O (or something) since 26 March with no movement. After 3 calls to the Total Force Service center, their computers were finally up and running. The customer service rep tried to connect me to officer assignments, but I guess it’s too late on a Friday.

Good luck getting someone to pick up the phone.  I did, however, get a response to an email I sent them, albeit 3 days later.  But I'll take any human interaction with that office I can get.  They're in the global under Randolph>AFPC/DP2XXX (I forgot their 6-digit code but it's in the Palace Chase guide on MyPers.)

Edited by BADFNZ
  • Like 1

Two questions:

1) If waiting on words from AFPC on Palace Chase paperwork, can the squadron still deploy the member? The deployment would take them past their requested separation date.

2) If SQ/CC non-concurs (not sure of exact verbiage) or there’s no endorsement from the Wing, I understand it has to go above the O-6 for approval—how much time does that add to the process?

FYI: Pilot asking for 5 months off UPT ADSC; 5.5 months off GI Bill transfer and OCONUS to CONUS PCS.

1. There is a section of the PC AFI that states the member should not be sent TDY while an application is pending. It says that it can be done, but it requires your CC to coordinate with MPF prior to sending you. Probably to sanity check the decision and ramifications of having to send a replacement if it got approved.

2. I was told the base separation authority is the Wing/CC, so you’d need an endorsement from at least the equivalent. Not sure if disapprovals extend the time to get an answer, the gouge I’ve gotten is less than 6 months doesn’t require SAF approval. That supposedly simplifies the routing and allows the head of the PC office to approve.

• Like 1

Two questions:

1) If waiting on words from AFPC on Palace Chase paperwork, can the squadron still deploy the member? The deployment would take them past their requested separation date.

2) If SQ/CC non-concurs (not sure of exact verbiage) or there’s no endorsement from the Wing, I understand it has to go above the O-6 for approval—how much time does that add to the process?

FYI: Pilot asking for 5 months off UPT ADSC; 5.5 months off GI Bill transfer and OCONUS to CONUS PCS.

2) Wg/CC will have to acknowledge in some way, even if its non-concur. My understanding is if it's "concur" up the chain then it stops at AFPC and is approved. If there are any "non- concurs" the SAF/PC board looks at it and makes a decision to deny, approve, or offer less time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 1

Guy I know just had his PC approved. DOS is end of Apr, and got word a few days ago....I think his requested time off adsc was less than 6 months...he’s a 12S

my requested DOS is mid-May and haven’t heard anything...but it looks like they have no qualms with waiting until the last minute to approve packages...I’m getting close to being forced to just change my DOS on account of terminal leave, and I’m only asking for 3 months off adsc as it is, submitted last Nov, and have had recommends at every level so far. Frustrating process, but glad for a bro out there that found luck...

Guy I know just had his PC approved. DOS is end of Apr, and got word a few days ago....I think his requested time off adsc was less than 6 months...he’s a 12S
my requested DOS is mid-May and haven’t heard anything...but it looks like they have no qualms with waiting until the last minute to approve packages...I’m getting close to being forced to just change my DOS on account of terminal leave, and I’m only asking for 3 months off adsc as it is, submitted last Nov, and have had recommends at every level so far. Frustrating process, but glad for a bro out there that found luck...

So where is your PC app sitting right now? This has me extremely worried because a delay that long to get an answer would screw up all of my life plans right now.

Currently sitting with the “duty afsc” guy at AFPC that’s supposed to input the Manning numbers. “Core afsc” guy took about 2 weeks to input, and it’s been on the current dude’s desk for 2.5 weeks now.

According to the uploaded “dual transmittal” sheet, after him it goes back to the PC office for recommendation then to the O-6 for final decision.

my current logic is that since my buddy had his approved for end of Apr that maybe within 2 weeks they’ll get to the mid-May separation packages. I’m at a loss for how this whole thing has played out...