Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

I heard that either once enrolled in TAPs a year out from DOS, or finished the capstone you can’t be on ced orders? You can still do normal TDY’s, just can’t be on CED orders. 

Any truth to this, and if so where is it in the black and white? 

• 3 weeks later...

My PC application made it out of the wing surprisingly quickly. It is now Referred to Palace Chase OPR. Is this the last stop or how many more steps does it go through?

I’m only asking for 2.5 months off of a PCS ADSC, UPT ADSC will be complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My PC application made it out of the wing surprisingly quickly. It is now Referred to Palace Chase OPR. Is this the last stop or how many more steps does it go through?

I’m only asking for 2.5 months off of a PCS ADSC, UPT ADSC will be complete.

I’m in the same boat. That’s where my app is sitting. Been there since early Feb. They did upload a document last week that resembles an eSSS that shows the different stops within AFPC. I can’t tell if it’s current and accurate data or just a canned document waiting to be updated at each stop.

Unfortunately I don’t know the answer to your question. I do believe it has at least one more stop at SAF/PC for final approval or denial.

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

I’m in the same boat. That’s where my app is sitting. Been there since early Feb. They did upload a document last week that resembles an eSSS that shows the different stops within AFPC. I can’t tell if it’s current and accurate data or just a canned document waiting to be updated at each stop.

Unfortunately I don’t know the answer to your question. I do believe it has at least one more stop at SAF/PC for final approval or denial.

If you have ALL approved up to the head of the Palace Chase office, Col something, then he/she can sign it off...if it goes to the board, you can expect 8 weeks from the time it was sent up, they will put all 3 instruments on Vmpf (approve/disapprove/conditional), once you get some sort of approval, you will have 60 days to get your requested unit to do the 2nd endorsement...I have been through this twice in the past year, first time to board (disapproved) 2nd was approved all the way up....I have heard that anything inside of 6 months they will approve (especially for UPT ADSC), they will approve outside of that for PCS, hope that helps

• Like 1

I recently palace chased (6 months off of UPT) and now am realizing I am far too task saturated with the civilian job to keep up with the Reserve gig. Is there anyway to take a knee without being recalled back to active duty? IRR?

38 minutes ago, SCRIMP said:

I recently palace chased (6 months off of UPT) and now am realizing I am far too task saturated with the civilian job to keep up with the Reserve gig. Is there anyway to take a knee without being recalled back to active duty? IRR?

I would not press to test this for all the reasons you’ve thought of and you’re gonna screw all your bros trying to get into your unit as a part timer.

Out of curiosity, what’s the civilian gig?

If you have ALL approved up to the head of the Palace Chase office, Col something, then he/she can sign it off...if it goes to the board, you can expect 8 weeks from the time it was sent up, they will put all 3 instruments on Vmpf (approve/disapprove/conditional), once you get some sort of approval, you will have 60 days to get your requested unit to do the 2nd endorsement...I have been through this twice in the past year, first time to board (disapproved) 2nd was approved all the way up....I have heard that anything inside of 6 months they will approve (especially for UPT ADSC), they will approve outside of that for PCS, hope that helps

How long did that take you to get the approval from the PC office? I’m guessing that’s where mine is sitting now (Referred to PC OPR) and I have all approvals.

From the time it got to the palace chase office it was around 2 weeks for him to sign it, it showed up on vMPF long before I got the email notification....the office is not very fast 

You’re an officer or enlisted? Just to make sure we’re comparing apples to apples. My ISR is saying it’s been taking 8 weeks to hear back for Officer Palace Chase. I’m hoping it’s not that long...

Yeah my ISR was/is pretty useless.

Definitely recommend spending 10 minutes looking at AFI 36-3205 and searching Palace Chase on MyPers. MyPers has a document that provides more info on how paperwork is routed, etc. 

For the twice passed over types I also found out that the Reserves currently don’t require twice passed over waivers ie it’s basically blanket approval. 

Good luck everyone. 

PS- If anyone knows anyone who has denied continuation please PM me as I’d love to get some advice. 

Edited by Lifer

From the time it got to the palace chase office it was around 2 weeks for him to sign it, it showed up on vMPF long before I got the email notification....the office is not very fast 

I just passed 3 weeks from when it got to the PC office. I’m checking the status every day, it gives me nightmares to back during my VSP applications. I’m just ready for it to be done so I can get on with my life.

• Like 1

Look up the number to the Total Force Service center and call and ask for the palace chase office and what is taking so long, they have to answer your request, usually a response from MYPERs through email, you will be on hold for prob 45 min, but it will move it along, mine they totally forgot about 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BADFNZ said:

I have a non-standard situation. 

I work directly for the Wing/CC so when I submitted the electronic application, I put my Wing/CC as my supervisor.  After I clicked submit, I checked the status and it said "Referred to Sq Commander".  I emailed my Wing/CC to see if it's with him, but haven't gotten a response.  No one at MPF, AFPC, etc can tell me who it is with right now.  So is "Referred to Sq Commander" just the generic name of the first step, or is it sitting in the internet abyss right now?  What kind of notification will my Wing/CC get when it gets to him?

😂 They got you.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:54 AM, BADFNZ said:

I work directly for the Wing/CC so when I submitted the electronic application, I put my Wing/CC as my supervisor.  After I clicked submit, I checked the status and it said "Referred to Sq Commander".  I emailed my Wing/CC to see if it's with him, but haven't gotten a response.  No one at MPF, AFPC, etc can tell me who it is with right now.  So is "Referred to Sq Commander" just the generic name of the first step, or is it sitting in the internet abyss right now?  What kind of notification will my Wing/CC get when it gets to him?

Are you an out of hide billet? If so, maybe check with your sq/cc billet owner.

On 3/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, BADFNZ said:

Call the Total Force Service Center and ask to talk to the Palace Chase office.  

I submitted my PC app a month ago and kept checking vMPF to see the status and it said “Referred to Sq/CC” except it wasn’t. After the J1 failed to track the app down in CMS, I called the PC office and found my app had been sitting for over 2 weeks with the Palace Chase office with no action as it was missing Sq and Wg/CC endorsement.  I asked what they were planning on doing with it and was told, nothing.

Eventually got them to reroute it per the PSD Separations Guide to the Sq/CC and it just recently showed up in their CMS...so that’s a month added to an already long process.  I’d imagine if you don’t have a Sq/CC check but have Wg/CC that shouldn’t hold up the process but is worth asking when you call the PC office.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease and good luck.

Second post, longtime lurker and want to thank everyone for their help in navigating the Palace Chase process.  I’ve read through this thread in its entirety numerous times to get all my questions answered.

11S applied for PC on 28 Feb. Already hired into AGR job in same AFSC and MWS with 2nd and 3rd endorsements complete.  Turned down IDE in-res this summer to apply. 

Guard unit supports AD unit I was previously assigned. Asking for 3 months off UPT and 15 months of GI Transfer of Benefits.  Sq and Wg Commanders are supportive.  Hoping for first time approval to get the family back to our hometown. 

If anyone has any questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to reach out either here or DM and I’ll do whatever I can to steer you in the right direction. 

I'm hearing PC's are taking around 6ish months in general for approval from when you push them up the chain. What would happen if you apply for PC 5-6 months out and the process isn't over by the requested separation date? Would they cancel the entire package, or meet somewhere in the middle with a counter-offer?