Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

51 minutes ago, Duck said:

Yup. Ran into that one. The changes the rules between my 2nd and 3rd PC attempt. I pushed to test but they kept kicking it back until I got off the profile (torn rotator, no pushups).

Thanks, im not on profile any more I just have exemptions on my last test. I didn't know if that would matter. Seems like I'll have to take the test again with no exemptions before I can submit the paperwork.

• Like 1

Thanks, im not on profile any more I just have exemptions on my last test. I didn't know if that would matter. Seems like I'll have to take the test again with no exemptions before I can submit the paperwork.

That checks with what I was told.

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, GoodSplash9 said:

So I put in the scroll paperwork with my local Reserve recruiter. Still really unfamiliar with this process....Can someone confirm this is a Reserve thing only, or would it apply for Palace a Chase or Front to a guard unit?

Reserve only. 

Has anyone applied for PC recently? Just wondering if they are still being generous with approvals of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid HTML, meant to say are people having success with approvals of less than 6 months?

I applied 2 weeks ago, asking for 3.5 months off UPT ADSC/1 month off PCS. I’ll keep you posted on the progress, but my Sq/CC and Gp/CC talked about inside of 6 months like it was a forgone conclusion that it would be approved...I figure that was either from their experiences, or from some guidance that they had the way they talked about it.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, BADFNZ said:

If I Palace Chase from AD to AFRC, but stay in my current home for a year beyond my AD separation date, do I out of pocket my moving costs to my next house later down the road?

Sorry, I don't know the answer.....either way though, if the Palace Chase is approved that's an awesome Christmas present!

If you're talking about temporarily taking an AFRC job at current location, then moving to another AFRC job at a different location later, your HOR move you get as part of AD separation entitlements applies.  The part I don't know is how long that HOR move is good for before you essentially forfeit the entitlement due to non-use after x months.  Anything in the JTR, HOR move section that addresses length of eligibility for the entitlement?

On 12/25/2018 at 2:34 PM, GoodSplash9 said:

Sorry, I don't know the answer.....either way though, if the Palace Chase is approved that's an awesome Christmas present!

Congrats! How much time were you asking off, which ADSC and what’s your AFSC? If you don’t mind. Looking for trend data. 

On 12/25/2018 at 4:24 PM, brabus said:

If you're talking about temporarily taking an AFRC job at current location, then moving to another AFRC job at a different location later, your HOR move you get as part of AD separation entitlements applies.  The part I don't know is how long that HOR move is good for before you essentially forfeit the entitlement due to non-use after x months.  Anything in the JTR, HOR move section that addresses length of eligibility for the entitlement?

In my situation, I'd be separating from AD and taking an AFRC job a couple states away, but staying in my current home for about a year until I move to my permanent home based on which airline I get hired by (if I get hired). 

For example:  Currently stationed in MS, taking an AFRC job in TX, but staying in MS until I get hired by Delta, then moving to Atlanta.

And for the record, my PC hasn't been approved yet.  Just looking ahead.

Sounds like you got your answer above...6 months sounds right for the standard limitation, but good news from Guardian that it's waiverable.  Start asking about the waiver process as soon as your PC hopefully gets approved.  Good luck dude, hope it all works out!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Welp, I’ve got nothing to add to educate anyone here. Just wanted to share that I submitted my PC app today. No shit I’ve been contemplating this since sometime like 2005 when I learned about PC here. Bit surreal but feels good.

I’m curious what ADSC you have to separate early from when you’ve been thinking about PC for 14 years...

I’m about to be in the same boat, paperwork will be submitted in the next few weeks. I’m only looking for 3 months off of a PCS ADSC.

I’m curious what ADSC you have to separate early from when you’ve been thinking about PC for 14 years...

I’m about to be in the same boat, paperwork will be submitted in the next few weeks. I’m only looking for 3 months off of a PCS ADSC.

UPT. Was late rated. Contemplated PC when I was a young nav. Got picked up for UPT then had to deal with a new 10 year commitment. I’m actually only asking for a month off UPT adsc and 5 months off pcs/ACSC.

Anybody successfully PC with an ADSC for the pilot bonus? I took it to 20 but got passed over for Lt Col and thinking about getting out this summer/fall. I also have an ADSC for my PCS around 1 Oct. So I was thinking about asking for a couple months early ie around 1 July. Any chance that would get approved and what are the repurcussians of getting denied ie would I be able to resubmit in time for the 1 Oct date or should I just ask for 1 Oct when my ADSC for my PCS ends. The other option is to just wait to deny continuation when I get passed over again this summer but I’d rather work it from both ends so to speak. Also anyone know if a PC gets approved for a certain date can you slip it to the right or turn it off if needed. 

Edited by Lifer

Anyone PC’d from staff? My app went through my CC last Friday. She referred it to AFPC then they sent it to “Wing Commander.” That’s where it still resides in the system. Had my CSS look at the CMS case and it does not give detail to who it actually resides with. Basically, I’m not in any Wg/CC’s chain. It’s not with my senior rater. The Wg/CC at my base does not have it. Anyone dealt with this before?

On 1/24/2019 at 10:11 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Anyone PC’d from staff? My app went through my CC last Friday. She referred it to AFPC then they sent it to “Wing Commander.” That’s where it still resides in the system. Had my CSS look at the CMS case and it does not give detail to who it actually resides with. Basically, I’m not in any Wg/CC’s chain. It’s not with my senior rater. The Wg/CC at my base does not have it. Anyone dealt with this before?

This is the bureaucracy we all love and hate.  , Try submitting a trouble ticket or find someone with CMS god rights who can find the person and send them an email directly. At one point my AFPC sent my application to a different functional and I had to chase it down and get it sent to the correct place.  Batten down the hatches buddy and good luck...

Edited by Snooter
  • Like 1