Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

K11F3H requested 6 months 15Nov approved yesterday for a 09May separation
Does anyone have experience pushing the DOS back? I’m working with the PC folks to try to get pushed back to 09 July. I’m pretty sure I won’t go from scratch to separation overseas in 19 days....

How long did it take for AFPC to get you the final approval once you had your 1288 sent back in for the last time? Was it just the 5-7 days?

Took 5 months total

8 weeks for SAF/PC, SAF/PC approved 05 Apr

Received Notification 19 Apr after they assured my OG they used expedited procedures in case they approved my 9 May request

Now fighting on getting at least the 45 days allowed for outprocessing. 

Cue clown music...

Prepping for a palace Chase app. Does anybody know how to get in touch with an ANG in service recruiter? They are asking me for it this time but last time nobody cared.

In service recruiter? Isn’t that the active duty counterpart? Then there is a guard recruiter. They work together I thought. It takes 2 recruiters. The guard recruiter should know how to put you in touch with your local in service recruiter.

• Like 1

In service recruiter? Isn’t that the active duty counterpart? Then there is a guard recruiter. They work together I thought. It takes 2 recruiters. The guard recruiter should know how to put you in touch with your local in service recruiter.

Cool. I’ll ask those guys again to see if there is some third party I need to talk to. The AD med group is giving me issues saying I need a Med Clearance letter from the Recruiter, but the ANG has no idea what they are talking about.

Prepping for a palace Chase app. Does anybody know how to get in touch with an ANG in service recruiter? They are asking me for it this time but last time nobody cared.

Duck,

There is a in-service recruiter at Nellis for both ARC and ANG. Ours is in the MPF building.

Scrimp,
Mine would have been the 5-7 days. Got the email on the 7th day that they were ready to process it, but I'm still not Scroll approved so they cannot until that happens.

Looks like asking the question on BaseOps was all I needed! Got final approval today. 6 days for my truth data.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2018 at 4:44 PM, baller06 said:

For anyone trying to figure out timelines; I got the news about my Scroll approval today. Submitted around the middle of December. Back in the PC office's hands for final approval.

Hmm I'll have to have my recruiter check mine. I was also put on the scroll in mid December. 

Off topic... 

Does anyone know if the retirement will transfer over to the reserves like it has in the past (years of service translated to points) with this new blended retirement crap now existing? I feel like it would but I'm concerned sneaky AF may have snuck something in where palace chase would be treated like a new ascension and forced onto the blended. No one in finance at my base knows and they have no good source to help me on this. 

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody have perspective on who to talk to first when considering a PC request?  ISR, ARC recruiter, current commander, prospective unit(s), other?

Any unique considerations that anybody has run into?

Thanks!

On 5/9/2018 at 9:49 PM, jaygebee said:

Hmm I'll have to have my recruiter check mine. I was also put on the scroll in mid December. 

Off topic... 

Does anyone know if the retirement will transfer over to the reserves like it has in the past (years of service translated to points) with this new blended retirement crap now existing? I feel like it would but I'm concerned sneaky AF may have snuck something in where palace chase would be treated like a new ascension and forced onto the blended. No one in finance at my base knows and they have no good source to help me on this. 

You won't be forced into BRS.

20 hours ago, FlyLow said:

Anybody have perspective on who to talk to first when considering a PC request?  ISR, ARC recruiter, current commander, prospective unit(s), other?

Any unique considerations that anybody has run into?

Thanks!

ISR is the Avenue for the paperwork; your CC will have to sign the 1288 initially...so talk to both.

• 1 month later...

looking for a little more info on this scroll that's been mentioned several times. I'm at a which came first moment, the chicken or the egg? Do I get on the scroll first or start the palace chase paperwork?

Seems like the way to get on the scroll is contacting the in service recruiter? Anyone have the Nellis recruiter info? I would walk over there myself but I'm actually just starting a 4 monther, poor planning on my part...

any info would help,

Cheers!

23 minutes ago, Claytor said:

looking for a little more info on this scroll that's been mentioned several times. I'm at a which came first moment, the chicken or the egg? Do I get on the scroll first or start the palace chase paperwork?

Seems like the way to get on the scroll is contacting the in service recruiter? Anyone have the Nellis recruiter info? I would walk over there myself but I'm actually just starting a 4 monther, poor planning on my part...

any info would help,

Cheers!

Start the scroll ASAP. You should be able to do it by emailing the reserve recruiter; it can take ~4 months, and there’s no harm in having it done. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Start the scroll ASAP. You should be able to do it by emailing the reserve recruiter; it can take ~4 months, and there’s no harm in having it done. 

So Scroll first. Got it! and also the recruiter on the active side or guard/reserve side for getting added to the scroll?

I haven't been formally hired but I have a unit that's legitimately interested in me. talk to the recruiter there? 

2 hours ago, Claytor said:

So Scroll first. Got it! and also the recruiter on the active side or guard/reserve side for getting added to the scroll?

I haven't been formally hired but I have a unit that's legitimately interested in me. talk to the recruiter there? 

I went through the reserve recruiter at my current AD base. 

• 1 month later...

Here's my story:

Palace Chase approved for 12 months off IDE in-res commitment! It will end up being 9.5 months in reality.

I'm a TPS grad F-15E WSO going to U-28 CSO TR billet.

Basic Flow:

-Wing recommended approval

-AFPC recommended disapproval (with incorrect info to SAF/PC)

-SAF PC disapproved

-I was tagged for 179 non-flying deployment before I could reapply

-IG complaint corrected incorrect info and package resent to SAF/PC

-Palace Chase approved (but 4 days before proposed separation date)

-Separation date amended to 15 Oct.

• Like 2

So when you are approved for Palace Chase, you owe your new Guard/Reserve unit three times the duration of how early you got out (let me know if that is wrong). I'm not real smart on Guard/Reserve culture, but how would it work if you are hired as a traditional guardsman or reservist while looking for work flying for a cargo or commercial carrier? 

Is it understood and cool if you need to take 6-8 months off for training and probation as a new hire? If you were hired by a unit in a new air frame, would they not let you go until you were done seasoning. Looking for any bro level considerations and gouge. 

Unit generally won't care about you being traditional while service out your PC commitment.  What they likely will care about is you skipping out of seasoning (or a portion of).  These are very general statements, it depends on the leadership and their personal viewpoints, how much seasoning you're skipping out of (90% or the last month?), etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea on the appointment process once separated from AD. PC was completed awhile back and I hit my separation date last week. My new unit is trying to get me out for the new-comers orientation during the October UTA but I haven't been moved over yet on the AFPC/ARPC side so they can't in-process me. ISR said it could take 45 days, but 45 days from when? Will I end up with a break in service? I should have figured it wouldn't be as easy as off AD on one day and a TR the next but man this is stupid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm about to apply for PC but my last PT test I was on profile. My ISR is saying I can't apply until I have no exemptions on my PT test. I checked the regs and can't find any mention of this. Has anyone been in this situation?

Thanks,

I'm about to apply for PC but my last PT test I was on profile. My ISR is saying I can't apply until I have no exemptions on my PT test. I checked the regs and can't find any mention of this. Has anyone been in this situation?
Thanks,

Yup. Ran into that one. The changes the rules between my 2nd and 3rd PC attempt. I pushed to test but they kept kicking it back until I got off the profile (torn rotator, no pushups).