Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Thanks.

How does terminal leave affect a PC separation date?  Is it treated like a normal separation?  If I set a separation date of 1 Oct, could I still go on terminal on 1 Aug if I had 60 days of leave? 

Yes.  No effect on terminal leave.  I chose to sell back the maximum because you can't double dip the way you could going to a civilian job and I wanted to maximize my savings as I jumped into unknown expenses and job prospects.

Edited by nunya

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, baller06 said:
4 minutes ago, I don said:

Words

When did you submit? Just curious how long it took to get to SAF.

I submitted back in November. I have CMS access and was able to track it and ping the places that slow rolled it.

Also, I asked for a 30 Mar 18 separation date to make the training date the unit requested for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t be in such a hurry to train. Will your gaining unit still gain you? Then chill. Don’t do much because they probably won’t have much for you to do. Then go to training at a later date. I’m sure you can work it to be on orders so you are still getting paid.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm applying for PC tomorrow on vMPF, with the intention of going to UPT with the ANG. Quick question, is there anything specific that should be in the intent to hire letter which could help with chances / speed of a decision being made? It looks like I have to apply for a separation date 180 days out, but normally hear of a decision ~3 months after submission? I need to do it right the first time because if this doesn't get approved, I'll have to wait until my ADSC is up and then I'll be 30+ (another waiver). 

@I don't exist, who are the signatures / contacts that I should periodically query to push things along? Looks like you found a way to chunk 8-12 weeks down to one day...

Thanks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nohbdy said:

@I don't exist, who are the signatures / contacts that I should periodically query to push things along? Looks like you found a way to chunk 8-12 weeks down to one day...

If you don’t have CMS access, become friends with someone that does so you can see where your app is. Various levels of command and AFPC, specifically your functional.

I have to believe that mine was an anomaly. I don’t know why it took such little time.

For the record, my app was pushed as if I’m non-rated (long story). That may have helped.

My intent to hire letter was very basic.

15 hours ago, jaygebee said:

My recruiter is telling me for rated jobs (got offered a pilot sponsorship) an intent to hire letter is not sufficient and you must be board approved within 45 days of application submittal. Can anyone confirm this? I haven't seen this anywhere. 

Are you an AF pilot already? What board are you talking about?

On 2/22/2018 at 10:24 AM, I don't exist said:

Are you an AF pilot already? What board are you talking about?

Active duty non rated looking to transfer into the reserves via palace chase to fill a unit sponsored upt slot. I'm referring to the AFRC rated board that occurs every two months now. 

On 2/14/2018 at 4:20 PM, Nohbdy said:

I'm applying for PC tomorrow on vMPF, with the intention of going to UPT with the ANG. Quick question, is there anything specific that should be in the intent to hire letter which could help with chances / speed of a decision being made? It looks like I have to apply for a separation date 180 days out, but normally hear of a decision ~3 months after submission? I need to do it right the first time because if this doesn't get approved, I'll have to wait until my ADSC is up and then I'll be 30+ (another waiver). 

Thanks.

position # in the new unit.  

Anyone know if they board everyone once your App has made it to SAF/PC. The AFPC rep said the board meets twice a month

Applied Nov 15

Made it to SAF PC Feb 5 with all recomending approval.

Requested 6 months, May 9th. At this point I wouldn’t be suprised if they approved and only gave me two weeks to try and get my orders together.

This might be useful for someone fighting with MPF. From the current JTR

051002. Service Member Separates or is Released from Active Duty, Excluding a Discharge with Severance or Separation Pay

I. Service Member Contracts with an RC. A Service member who separates from active duty to continue military service through a signed contract in an RC, may be authorized PCS travel and transportation allowances through the Secretarial Process to the designated Selected Reserve PDS, instead of limiting costs to the HOR or the PLEAD.   (page 5(1)B-33)

This means I get PCS allowances to my new reserve duty station

RC = Reserve Component, which includes the Air Force Reserve, see page A-42

• Like 1

06 W11H. Palace chase has been approved all the way up through AFPC. Front office thinks I should get official notification without issue in a couple of weeks.

I’m very surprised it has gone this well so far. Best of luck to others trying. Luckily our functional is shit hot.

• Like 3

Congrats brother! Does anyone have any experience getting cleared through the ARC/SGP to Palace Chase with a C-1 Limitation (Shellfish Allergy)? I’m assuming they mean the Guard units’ SGP and not the overall ANG/SGP.

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard a buddy say that he had 2 place chases approved in his squadron in the last 5 days.

Dude #1 requested almost a year off his ADSC. UPT complete, but it was a PCS or training ADSC or something. 

Dude #2 requested 16 months off ADSC for GI Bill. That one was approved by AFPC, some stipulation allowed it to remain at that level and not go to SAF.

Strike while the iron is hot!!

-Herk