Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

If you find someone who has CMS (Case Management System) they can follow it up until it gets to SAF. You can see what the AFPC functional puts in the manning squares, etc...

On 10/15/2017 at 12:15 PM, Duck said:

Most of the people I know have told me if they don’t get approved PC, they aren’t going to the Guard or Reserves at all.

You want the truth?  6-9 months of seniority is the only thing making palace chase (guard reserves) palatable.  Otherwise I'll save my money and absorb the pay cut first year...

• Like 1

On 10/13/2017 at 1:40 PM, Kelryin said:

Has anyone gotten any updates on the Palace Chase packages recently? I'm sitting at 16 weeks now at SAF/PC and haven't heard anything. My ISR says she has other packages that are waiting review at SAF/PC as well.

Both ISR and AFPC say they can't get updates from SAF/PC. I let my chain of command know a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything. Are they any other avenues to get some update?

i had to wait about 4 months for SAF/PC to review my app. nobody could give me an update

• 2 weeks later...

My flesh peddler is telling me he thinks asking for anything greater than six months off my ADSC will result in a denial and subsequent flail to actually get a package approved at the six month point.

I’m only asking for seven months off for an test prep program with my new company.

Flesh peddler said that I could potentially request the 7 months off but in my package put that I could accept a date at the 6 month point.

Any suggestions on this from the bros with experience? W11H.

Based on a few anecdotal situations I know of, the 6 month line seems to be a fairly accurate statement for PC of the initial UPT ADSC. If you're asking for 6+ off another ADSC (GIB, PCS, etc.), that seems to be no issue. But, no guarantees either way. 

Palace Chase approved! I originally asked for a 1 Dec 2017 separation date (16 months off ADSC), but SAF/PC countered with a 1 Aug 2018 date (8 months off ADSC). Package sat with SAF/PC for just over 19 weeks.

Just feel ecstatic to have normal life and work schedule soon.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Kelryin said:

Palace Chase approved! I originally asked for a 1 Dec 2017 separation date (16 months off ADSC), but SAF/PC countered with a 1 Aug 2018 date (8 months off ADSC). Package sat with SAF/PC for just over 19 weeks.

UPT ADSC or something else?

On 11/3/2017 at 5:21 PM, Kelryin said:

Congrats! Glad to hear the process is moving. AFPC told me they board applications by requested DOS, mine is 7 Jan. Since yours was Dec, hopefully my decision is on the way...wishful thinking 

Hey dudes,
If you PC package has been sitting at SAF level for at least the last month, I would recommend you take action to check the status. I would call the TFSC and make them put you on the phone with someone at AFPC/Palace Chase. Someone there should be able to look up the status of your package. Mine was at SAF for a little over a month and I was able to find out it was approved this way.

The problem (as I see it) is that there is a huge comm breakdown between SAF and AFPC. The board will have made their decision, and you will continue to wait for as much as several months until the extremely broken process is completed. This wait time is BS.

The folks I have spoken with at AFPC/ Palace Chase are actually really helpful. They don't seem to try to hide anything or play games. I'm convinced the process is broken and that is what is causing huge delays.

My buddy had been waiting with his package at SAF for over 2.5 months and he was also able to find out yesterday.

Finally, that being said this method does not count as your official notification. I'm probably still going to have to wait for who knows how long to get the email from AFPC. But at least now I know that it's approved and can make plans. Last time I applied I found out this way and waited nearly 2 more months for official notification.

Cheers

On 11/8/2017 at 12:25 PM, Tizzle said:

The problem (as I see it) is that there is a huge comm breakdown between SAF and AFPC. The board will have made their decision, and you will continue to wait for as much as several months until the extremely broken process is completed. This wait time is BS

Can’t re-apply until after waiting 120 days following a notification of denial...so if they sit on it for 4 months, then they just bought themselves 4 months of manning for those that are denied.

I’d like to think they don’t do that shit deliberately, but...yeah right. 

I got tentative approval for my palace chase this morning! This was my second application, I originally applied back in January and was denied in March. Here's my info so you guys have some stats:

AFSC: 13S (Space)

ADSC: Nov 2018

Requested DOS: Jan 2018

Package to AFPC: 13 Jul 17

Package to SAF: 22 Aug 17 (5 Weeks @ AFPC)

Package Approved: 16 Nov 17 (12 Weeks @ SAF)

I did not have an intent to hire and my memo basically said I thought the civilian sector was a better fit for me and my family. I didn't really try to sell the total force or AF benefit angle. My memo was a copy / paste from the one that was denied back in March.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m running into roadblocks at Nellis. It seems like Flight Med/Med group just changed their 422 policy to where you have to have a separation date to get an SHPE scheduled...to get a separation date, I have to have a 422. This revolving door of suck is starting to make me nervous that I won’t be able to hit my Aug 18 proposed sep date.

Additionally palace chase/front has now been bumped down to the lowest priority. This logic seems reverse considering they are working admin seps and retirements over folks that are still willing to continue service in the guard/reserves.

I’m not expecting common sense to prevail in this but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I ran into the same issue. I had to talk to about 4 different people at the Med Group to convince someone to give me a 422. I didn't actually do a SHPE though, I just met briefly with my PCM and then they finally gave me a 422. Looking back on it, it may be easier to work something with your guard/reserve gaining unit to see if you can provide them with something other than a 422. Obviously, either the Med Group or your proposed gaining unit/recruiter is going to have to budge. 

As for the board prioritization, this is the first I've heard of that.

On 11/29/2017 at 12:27 AM, SCRIMP said:

I’m running into roadblocks at Nellis. It seems like Flight Med/Med group just changed their 422 policy to where you have to have a separation date to get an SHPE scheduled...to get a separation date, I have to have a 422. This revolving door of suck is starting to make me nervous that I won’t be able to hit my Aug 18 proposed sep date.

Additionally palace chase/front has now been bumped down to the lowest priority. This logic seems reverse considering they are working admin seps and retirements over folks that are still willing to continue service in the guard/reserves.

I’m not expecting common sense to prevail in this but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to your squadron flight doc, work it behind the scenes, it'll work out.

• 4 weeks later...

Any recent parolees? I have a PCS ADSC that expires Feb '19 and am putting together a package to take 5 months off and PC in September. I have about a 99% chance with the reserve unit I am working with. Should I wait for the offer and or position number from yhe unit to submit my PC package or just send it now? Just trying to stack the deck in the best way to get the approval from the board. 11M

Edit to add AFSC

23 hours ago, baller06 said:

Any recent parolees? I have a PCS ADSC that expires Feb '19 and am putting together a package to take 5 months off and PC in September. I have about a 99% chance with the reserve unit I am working with. Should I wait for the offer and or position number from yhe unit to submit my PC package or just send it now? Just trying to stack the deck in the best way to get the approval from the board. 11M

Edit to add AFSC

You airdrop?  Last peer I heard that submitted was a lead ftu ip that asked six months off and they countered one month.  Best of luck, let me know if it works for you, my application has been gathering dust.

You airdrop?  Last peer I heard that submitted was a lead ftu ip that asked six months off and they countered one month.  Best of luck, let me know if it works for you, my application has been gathering dust.
Not airdrop. I've been out of my community for quite a few years but never changed my RDTM code so hopefully since I'd be more useful to my community if they let me PC I might have a chance. Who knows if the board can comprehend all if that though. How long since you submitted?

On 12/27/2017 at 1:01 PM, baller06 said:

Edit to add AFSC

See if you can get an intent to hire letter from the unit and go ahead and submit your package.  Mine took 6 months for a decision so the sooner you can pull the trigger the better.  Definitely talk to the unit and let’s them know what you’re trying to do.  Just because they give you a letter doesn’t mean they can’t change their mind after an interview so they shouldn’t mind helping you.