Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Just called AFPC Palace Chase office this afternoon.  They just received a bunch of notifications from SAF/PC today and are getting ready to send out emails.  In my case, my submission was denied.  Asked for 6 months off with an intent to hire letter from collocated reserve squadron unit on same aircraft.  No negative detractors.  WG/CC and AFPC functional recommended disapproval due to 11R instructor manning (E-3 pilots are otherwise overmanned at Tinker).  SQ/CC and Palace Chase office recommended approval.  SAF/PC denied.  Better luck to the rest of you!

Thomas, sorry to hear about the denial, there seems to be no sure formula to getting approved, especially since it sounds like you had a solid case.

i was fortunate to be one of the guys receiving approval today. C-17, 6 months off, intent to hire letter, recommend approval all the way up. 

Good luck to those still waiting....

Well even Jalen Robinette is finding out that maybe the Air Force isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

For those that don't follow NFL/NCAA football, the AF officially told the USAFA WR on Thursday (round 1 of the draft) that he is not going to be able to go to the Ready Reserve until after 2 years of AD service.

Being projected as a mid round draft pick, this probably cost him somewhere around $2.5 million...

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Well even Jalen Robinette is finding out that maybe the Air Force isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

For those that don't follow NFL/NCAA football, the AF officially told the USAFA WR on Thursday (round 1 of the draft) that he is not going to be able to go to the Ready Reserve until after 2 years of AD service.

Being projected as a mid round draft pick, this probably cost him somewhere around $2.5 million...

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

bfc9e1d59c2ca7d98c44c1e776e11931.jpg
Cruel and unusual timing. $2.5M, loss of down.

• 1 month later...

Any recent updates on timeline? My package made it to SAF PC last week so curious to see if the new process has sped things up or slowed it down. 

Fingers crossed. 

2 hours ago, nrodgsxr said:

Mine has been at SAF/PC since 18 Apr.. AFPC is telling me expect 6-8 weeks at SAF/PC but I feel like that's just a guess.

That blows!  Got in touch with my functional today and he said it has recently been 1-5 weeks. Hopefully we all get answers soon. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2017 at 2:32 AM, nrodgsxr said:

any recent approvals? AFPC is now saying 8-12 weeks at SAF/PC.. after 12 weeks I'm guessing they will just say 12-16 weeks and stop calling

Got informally told approved but that it will be 12-15 weeks  for "official approval". It's been there 5 weeks. 

House sold, reserves hired, waiting on "official approval" so my family and I can get on with our life.....

2 minutes ago, * said:

Got informally told approved but that it will be 12-15 weeks  for "official approval". It's been there 5 weeks. 

House sold, reserves hired, waiting on "official approval" so my family and I can get on with our life.....

How much time did you ask off? How did they informally tell you? 

13 minutes ago, jaygebee said:

How much time did you ask off? How did they informally tell you? 

Asked for 4 months off UPT with just under 365 days to GI bill to reserves, with approvals all the way up so far and a letter of intent to hire. 

Not conifdent in the "approval" though. It was the standard friend of a friend of a friend.

ISR called AFPC contact who called SAF/PC contact and relayed back, but I feel it's as "that one will get approved with all the supporting info". 

Its aggravating that the new process went from somewhat streamlined of 1-5 weeks to now 12-16 weeks. 

Edited by *

On 7/7/2017 at 3:37 AM, * said:

Asked for 4 months off UPT with just under 365 days to GI bill to reserves, with approvals all the way up so far and a letter of intent to hire. 

Not conifdent in the "approval" though. It was the standard friend of a friend of a friend.

ISR called AFPC contact who called SAF/PC contact and relayed back, but I feel it's as "that one will get approved with all the supporting info". 

Its aggravating that the new process went from somewhat streamlined of 1-5 weeks to now 12-16 weeks. 

Edited by nrodgsxr
already answered my question

I'm readying my application for attempt #2.  Any recommendations on the personal statement from those with approvals?  

My previous memo was long but covered professional, personal, and family reasons why an approval would be best for AF.  Maybe less would be more this time around?

Mine was one page, 2 main points. First, how the AD and the ARC both benefited - I'm in a TFI unit, so I talked about still instructing young AD guys along with their ARC counterparts and how this job move would allow me to have a greater, direct affect on those guys than my current (at the time) AD job. Secondly, I addressed my AD squadron's manning, specifically how me leaving early did not create an issue for them (i.e. filling lines, someone else was already there tapped to takeover my job, etc.) Bottom line, I think you should address these two points succinctly and 100% shit can any personal/family reasons, unless they are significant EFMP type stuff. Other than the more severe family cases, I think the AD not only doesn't give a shit about the personal side, it may even come off as whining and push them towards disapproval.

This was the advice I got and followed - it worked for me, even during an 11F crisis. 

Additionally, the SAF guys personally talked to my AD SQ/CC and ANG OG/CC when reviewing my app to get their personal inputs (AD: How does this affect your manning/mission accomplishment?, ANG: Why do you need him early, how will it benefit you guys?) I got the feeling this is a new standard, so worth giving both sides a craniums up so they're not blindsided by the call.

Brabus,

Thanks for the quick and thorough reply.  I'll focus my new personal statements on those points.

Were you hired into an AGR or a TR position?  If TR, did you discuss anything about your full-time job or activities and how that would positively, if at all, affect your duties as a reservist/guardsman?

I'm full time (and i mentioned that in the letter), which may have affected the outcome positively, but that's only conjecture on my part. If you are going part time, then it may be worth addressing how that will not significantly minimize your contribution to the total force...if the civilian job does work directly for the military, that's probably worth highlighting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Places chase approved!  4 months parole, and just under a year GI bill to reserves. approvals at all levels with letter of intent to hire. 

At SAF PC for 8 weeks

Thanks for all the help guys!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, * said:

Places chase approved!  4 months parole, and just under a year GI bill to reserves. approvals at all levels with letter of intent to hire. 

At SAF PC for 8 weeks

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Congrats man! Welcome to the greener pasture. :beer:

Approved. 6 months PCS ADSC, recommended approval at all levels with intent to hire letter. 15 Weeks at SAF/PC. They emailed me as soon as it went through. I appreciate all the info. 

Now to wait for the 1288 to finish routing and the guard to gain me. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, splithaivan said:

Newbie here. Not sure if this is appropriate for this topic but I read I shouldn't make a new thread...

Can someone apply for an ANG unit simultaneously while they also apply for AD? I'm having trouble with my AD officer recruiter and I thought I shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. All I want to do is fly.

I'm 27; pilot 97; PCSM 80; TS Clearance; 22 hours so far

Thank you in advance!

Yes, you can apply for ANG/Reserves and AD simultaneously. My AD recruiter told me it would be a "conflict of interest," but that's a load of BS. From my understanding, you can continue to apply to guard units all the way up until OTS. You've made no commitment to anyone thus far.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/17/2017 at 8:21 AM, splithaivan said:

I'm 27; pilot 97; PCSM 80; TS Clearance; 22 hours so far

Thank you in advance!

That's awesome! Your score will go up quick the more you fly, if you continue your flight training to 50-60 hours I bet you'd be even more attractive to a lot of ANG/Reserve units in addition to the AD board than you already are. You should definitely keep putting apps in different places - I had my heart set on a C-17 unit and ended up seeing a KC-10 do a touch n go while I was eating lunch after a doctor appt - I called the Travis KC-10 reserves and ended up loving the people and the base and have since been hired.  You never know what will sell you on a unit without visiting them or just sending in an app or email and starting a conversation.

Edited by extender10
  • Downvote 1