Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

16 hours ago, bluedevil said:

PC Approved. 13 months off TA ADSC. Package was at SAF/PC for just over 5 weeks. Non-rated ops to Guard ALO

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Congrats!  As soon as my scroll gets back I'll be asking for roughly the same off for TA.  Any specific things you did that may have gotten it approved?

Does anyone know if you can apply for PC while waiting to meet the AFRC UPT board?  I'm sponsored by a unit, but I'm wondering if it's possible to accelerate my AD exodus so I don't have to wait out my full ADSC.

-Nav

• 3 weeks later...
Congrats!  As soon as my scroll gets back I'll be asking for roughly the same off for TA.  Any specific things you did that may have gotten it approved?

Not sure if it was anything in particular. I sort of sold the fact I was going to fill a "battlefield airman" job and my Wg/CC is a Brig Gen. Could be that his concurrence carried it thru. Truly no idea, such a mystic process...

On 3/8/2017 at 1:50 PM, norflo said:

PC disapproved, asked 23 months off UPT ADSC. 2 weeks at AFPC, 7 weeks at SAF.

Sorry to hear. I can't believe it took 7 weeks at SAF. Did you have a guard hiring letter? Reapply in a few months. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Sorry to hear. I can't believe it took 7 weeks at SAF. Did you have a guard hiring letter? Reapply in a few months. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Yeah, I had a reserve hiring letter and a letter of admission for grad school.

11 hours ago, norflo said:

Yeah, I had a reserve hiring letter and a letter of admission for grad school.

Speaking of the hiring letter, my reserve unit said they just fill in a position number when I submit my 1288. Recruiter agreed. Am I missing anything with that by not having an actual hiring letter?

Also, any luck recently with requests around the below stats?

requesting 4 months UPT and 12 months TEB to the reserves. Will not be supported by base leadership, but may have AFPC buy in.  

Contiplating sucking it up for the last 4 months of UPT ADSC to give myself the best odds.

Thanks

Edited by *

Approved.  11F, 6 months off (UPT is my furthest out ADSC).  I had a hiring letter, but no mention of position number, so I think the letter of intent to hire is really what matters (though I'm sure a position number doesn't hurt).  Mine also sat at SAF for 7 weeks, but only took about 2 weeks from SQ/CC through AFPC to get their parts done.  I learned this week SAF/PC conducts boards every so often for PC apps.  So, how long your app sits at SAF is dependent on when it arrives there (right after a board just concluded vs. a week prior to a board).  That explains why some people had theirs at SAF for 3 weeks and others had it there for 7 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, brabus said:

Approved.  11F, 6 months off (UPT is my furthest out ADSC).  I had a hiring letter, but no mention of position number, so I think the letter of intent to hire is really what matters (though I'm sure a position number doesn't hurt).  Mine also sat at SAF for 7 weeks, but only took about 2 weeks from SQ/CC through AFPC to get their parts done.  I learned this week SAF/PC conducts boards every so often for PC apps.  So, how long your app sits at SAF is dependent on when it arrives there (right after a board just concluded vs. a week prior to a board).  That explains why some people had theirs at SAF for 3 weeks and others had it there for 7 weeks.

Congrats and thanks for the update! I'm asking for 6 months off as well, just got to SAF/PC last week. I submitted my app 4 months before the date that I'm looking to start terminal, and it looks like even with that kind of lead time it's still gonna be a tight timeline to be approved in time. 

54 minutes ago, Guardian said:

I heard that recently that if they deny you for let's say 12 months forgiveness that they will approve you for 6 months forgiveness in the same decision so you don't have to reapply and go through the pain again.

That checks, I've had a couple of buddies who received approvals with different terms than what was originally requested. 

• Upvote 1

I've never heard that, but good to hear some common sense is being applied to the process. The thing I was most afraid of was, if denied, I'd have to wait 4 months before reapplying. What an asinine  policy, glad somebody had SA to change it. 

Recommend approval at all levels. Things that may have helped, just my guess:

1. Letter of intent to hire into a full time job (the AF isn't losing me to the airlines, I'm just swapping component). FWIW, this was a 2-liner basic MFR, no position number. 

2. In my personal statement I talked about how I'm going to a TFI unit and will still directly impact AD fighter pilots, as well as explained how my current squadron will not experience any net loss (my replacement is already here, he's just waiting for me to leave to take my position)

3. Asking for 6 months probably increases pk over asking for more, at least for 11F. But maybe this is now a moot point with the new "counter offer" policy. 

• Upvote 2

Had someone check CMS, the last signature was approve (functional and another recommended disapproval); how do I formally find out if this is actually happening? I'm guessing email, something tells me I'm not going to walk into work tomorrow with the sun behind my back and a chorus...

edit:  it was AFPC/pc that was the last indent but they recommended approval...

Edited by Snooter

8 hours ago, Snooter said:

Had someone check CMS, the last signature was approve (functional and another recommended disapproval); how do I formally find out if this is actually happening? I'm guessing email, something tells me I'm not going to walk into work tomorrow with the sun behind my back and a chorus...

edit:  it was AFPC/pc that was the last indent but they recommended approval...

My recruiter said she and I would get an email once all the paperwork is done/DOS officially set.  According to AFPC (my SQ/CC called them), it's about a 1.5-2 week process post-board.  Now onto the next step of how do I actually get separation orders, HHG scheduled, etc.  Can't wait to wade through yet another MPF shit pie.