Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

MountainHerc are you sure about those timelines? I remember the wording being terribly confusing for PC but I thought the directions were set a separation date for a minimum of 8 weeks out up to 180 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

I'm an 11F looking to palace chase with an intent to hire letter. Thinking about asking for 6 months off my commitment. Thoughts on the probability of that happening? I've got less than a year left on my commitment so I'm also wondering how long it will take to get an answer one way or another?

I wouldn't shoot for more than 6 from what I am hearing. Best bet would be to talk to your functional and get his perspective. Mine says inside a year it may be considered, but 6 months is more likely. Intent to Hire letter is damn near a requirement now days. Had a bro get PC denied asking less than 6 months with approval all the way up to the 11B functional. No intent to hire letter.

47 minutes ago, Duck said:

MountainHerc are you sure about those timelines? I remember the wording being terribly confusing for PC but I thought the directions were set a separation date for a minimum of 8 weeks out up to 180 days.

The new PSD Separations guide says no less than 180 days. If anyone wants it, it really helps clear up the PC process just PM me. I tried to press to test the sub 180 and had AFPC kick it back with a RFI for a new separation date. It delayed my PC process by about two weeks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Duck said:

Great info! The last guide said something stupid like no later than 6 months but no earlier than a year... WTF?

Yeah, they released a guide that has a flow chart of the steps and does a good job or army proofing who does what at every step. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/10/2016 at 10:51 PM, SnapLock said:

I'm an 11F looking to palace chase with an intent to hire letter. Thinking about asking for 6 months off my commitment. Thoughts on the probability of that happening? I've got less than a year left on my commitment so I'm also wondering how long it will take to get an answer one way or another?

I know a fighter guy that just got 6 months off.

Update.... 12S Palace Chase Tentative/conditional Approval as of this morning. It took 3 months  and 10 days to go through the wickets. SQ/CC, Wing/CC and Functional all recommended approval, SAF Approved. This was my third PC attempt over a three year timeline.... squeaky wheel gets the grease.. I'll fill in more once I get the second endorsement to those guys and get the Final Approval. PM me if you have questions or need any intel on the process.

Hey guys,

Wondering what you guys saw in regards to Med paperwork Post Tentative Approval. I'm trying to get the second endorsement of the 1288 signed but the guard wants a flight physical and dental prior to signing. Big this is i'm trying to keep my Req DOS.

Thanks

MH

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does the no more than 180 day out requirement not start until submit is clicked in vmpf? Wondering if you can start the ball rolling with the ISR, get the first 1288 endorsement and voluntary separation brief, but then sit on the "click submit" part until < 180 days from requested PC date? Want to lead turn paperwork as much as possible, but not end up screwing myself over by getting something kicked back because I'm still > 180 days from desiredate DOS.

brabus,

It's just a guideline - there's no hard coded reject function programmed into vMPF. I started my stuff like 14 months out (overseas is a little bit different). You definitely want to lead turn everything, because each step takes way longer than it should (shocker!)

• 2 weeks later...

So I sat through the Palace chase brief the other night, there is no timeline min-max.  They say for Officers when you're given the option of your separation date they want at least 180 days because the paperwork has so many wickets to go through (approx. 4 months) that by the time it is approved with TAPS, out-processing, and terminal leave you may not have time to make your separation date.  Bottom line, give yourself more time than you think you'll need.  Other than that, to squash any rumint, no one can flat out deny you other than the separation authority so the whole "anything more than 6-9 months is automatically denied" is trash.  Duly noted that in principle doesn't always equal in practice. 

Edited by Snooter

While it is true that only SAF/PC is the deciding authority, I haven't seen anyone (11X) outside of 12 months approved unless that person was passed over. The functionals are telling people outside of 6 months is still a long shot. I know of a guy who was disapproved asking for around 6 months...

Palace Chase Final Approved yesterday. 12S. Applied 8Aug, tentatively approved 18Oct pending medical clearance, final approved yesterday. I asked for 18MO off retrain to new airframe  ADSC, 6mo off Nav ADSC. This was my third PC attempt. Recommended approval by Sq/cc, WG/CC & AFPC. 

• Upvote 1

I'm interested in this as well. This whole process is a continuous changing process. The first time I applied I didn't even have an ISR and it made it through to SAF/PC . The third time it was kicked back by the PALACE CHASE office for. It having an ISR listed on my paperwork... can't wait to get out.

2 hours ago, brabus said:

Did you guys work with the in-service recruiter at your losing base or go through a recruiter that works at/directly with the ARC squadron you're going to?  Does it matter, is it better one way or the other?

I had two, one active duty dude that was a couple states away and my unit had one to coordinate everything,

• Upvote 1