Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

My application made it out of the SQ and WG inside of 7 days. It got to AFPC where it was rejected, not denied, due to not having my medical/dental records, pt scores, and a copy of my SURF attached.

I thoroughly reviewed the Palace Chase, Officer Separations, and the briefing on the vMPF separations site. At no point did I see any of those things were required. Did I just miss it or were there some other regs/memos/etc that I should have read? If you click on Palace Chase the pop up, on the separations page of vMPF, specifically says a 1288, 2631, and personal memo were the "required" documents.

The awesome thing was that I had attached the medical clearance letter from the state flight surgeon clearing my to join that state's ANG. All of those items, medical/dental/pt, were specifically annotated on there that I met Alaska's standards.

Yeah. It isn't written anywhere that they need that stuff however they instantly reject it if it isn't there. I always call the PC office to make sure they have all the right documents. They can't really do much more for you than that though.

So was getting ready to submit my package and just got word from a buddy of mine that his PC package was denied due to him being exempt for a portion of the PT test.. not a perm thing but something that happened and lasted for a couple of months.  Is this a real thing?  PC is always denied if you are exempt from one component of the PT test??

On 2/11/2016 at 5:44 PM, Chicken said:

So was getting ready to submit my package and just got word from a buddy of mine that his PC package was denied due to him being exempt for a portion of the PT test.. not a perm thing but something that happened and lasted for a couple of months.  Is this a real thing?  PC is always denied if you are exempt from one component of the PT test??

Nevermind.. I think I found my own answer.  The reg points to a current profile and assigns a ALC to you based on your profile.  So if the profile expired I should not have any sort of ALC that pops up when I submit my package..?  However, the only ADSC I have is for GI benefit transfer which is a 4 year ADSC.  I have only served 50% of it so now I'm concerned that might be an issue.  In AFI 36-3205 table 1.1 states:

Have completed at least two-thirds of the initial total ADSC by requested date of separation (DOS). EXCEPTION: Officers must complete at least 24 months of active duty before being eligible for release from active duty if applying for release under paragraph 1.3.8.2.

Is that mainly talking about your initial ADSC upon entering?  Pilot/Nav training ADSC.. or any ADSC you ever incur?  I had thought GI Benefit Transfer was somewhat easy to get out of...

• 3 weeks later...

This could also be applied to palace chase but...

I'm going to the guard via palace front from an overseas assignment. Does anyone know now much permissive tdy (if any) my boss can authorize? I looked into 36-3003 but I don't fall under any program that would authorize the 30 days. I'm balls deep in other regs and no one (surprise) at mpf has any idea what color the sky is let alone how much permissive tdy an officer is authorized when separating from overseas. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Best of luck! You would think the AF would approve almost anything inside 3 years so that at least they retain that person in the ARC/ANG for the maximum amount of time. If someone is trying to PC they will probably just separate outright at the end of their commitment if they don't get approved PC.

My guess is they are slammed with apps right now. Everyone trying to get out. At least morale is pretty darn good!

Approved 4 days ago. Here's my timeline.

Submitted 9 Feb.

To SAF/PC 10 March.

Approved 22 March.

Pretty much spot on with 4 weeks at AFPC and 2 weeks at SAF/PC.

Requested DOS 15 June 16 and removing 8 months of ADSC from Post 9-11 GI Bill. AFSC 13B. Was hired back in November for an AGR gig.

Edited by abmwaldo
Poor spelling.
  • Upvote 1