Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

• 2 weeks later...

You need to find someone with CMS access. I have been using the CSS. Mine currently says referred to Palace Chase OPR In vmpf, but is actually at my functional.

The whole process takes a long time so be ready to wait.

Couple of updates - After a seven week legal review process SECAF's office determined they could not yank TEB. What I was told was that some new guy was confusing PC regs with retirement regs. Ultimately PC app was approved and I'm waiting on the movers to show up today.

Edited by MrsNAV

Break/Break.

YGBFSM! My functional recommended disapprove even though my AFSC is over 100% manned due only to my ADSC remaining and "overall Air Force end strength". Anyone know if getting the red light from functional is a killer or not?

Got approvals from Sq/CC and Wg/CC.

Break/Break.

YGBFSM! My functional recommended disapprove even though my AFSC is over 100% manned due only to my ADSC remaining and "overall Air Force end strength". Anyone know if getting the red light from functional is a killer or not?

Got approvals from Sq/CC and Wg/CC.

I know guys who got PC approved despite BOTH Wing/CC and functional disapproval.

Edit to add: Wing and functional don't technically "disapprove", they simply recommended disapproval but the applications of the guys I'm talking about were subsequently approved at SAF level, despite the recommendations from lower levels. SAF looks at the big picture apparently.

Edited by RTB
  • Upvote 1

Ha ha.... Um 48.

Hoping for some sequestration magic.

Edit to add I do have valid EFMP/family reasons to want to go to the Guard.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, well....got approved. Didn't take as long as I thought...however....I've already got a DOS due to the fact that I 7-day opt'ed out of an assignment. So really wasn't like it was going to be denied or anything.

Anyhoo...good luck all!

Well, well....got approved. Didn't take as long as I thought...however....I've already got a DOS due to the fact that I 7-day opt'ed out of an assignment. So really wasn't like it was going to be denied or anything.

Anyhoo...good luck all!

Did your functional/AFPC recommend approval for yours?

Yes. All concurred. All said and done I will get 9 months off. Again though, I already had a DOS and was out the door so I'm probably not the reference to use.

AFSC 11F

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know if the reg that governs the 1288 application? My gaining unit is wondering if my position number has to be a vacant position or if they can use an overage.

AFI 36-2115 para 1.7 talks about what you're looking for wrt the reserves. My guard unit does this all the time (overages), but the ANG is currently allowed to be at 110% manned with overages. The catch I've found in manning my shop is that it's hard to get both overage and over grade. But, all officer spots in the ANG are Major slots. 

Reserves may be different, as I know they have officer slots up to the Capt level.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

One one of my friends was just denied Palace Chase...

Stats: 2006 C-17 with intent to hire letter

Another interesting point is that we recently received an email from the functional stating the C-17 community is 130% manned so they are looking to get guys out to staff and other bills to reduce the numbers. With this in mind, maybe the Air Staff is seeing the Airline hiring wave and will be reluctant to approve guys further than a year out even in an "overmanned" community

Thoughts?

How are C-17s still 130% manned after all of us who were crossflowed to RPAs and those that were lost in the VSP/RIF last year? Are they generating that many new co-pilots every year? If so, it must be a ridiculously young pilot force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are C-17s still 130% manned after all of us who were crossflowed to RPAs and those that were lost in the VSP/RIF last year? Are they generating that many new co-pilots every year? If so, it must be a ridiculously young pilot force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they lowered the crew ratio.