Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Thanks Chim...

Not sure if you had something like sleep apnea, if they would pay you disability since Big Blue is no longer paying all of your medical expenses like on active duty; even though sleep apnea isn't something they would medically discharge you for, thought maybe they would compensate you to help with potential bills

Not sure how this game works, don't cut my balls off, just curious

Posting here since I can't find a dedicated health care/insurance thread: Is Tricare Reserve Select generally the way to go for ANG members? Background: O-3, unmarried/no kids, good health, PCing in a few weeks. Much appreciated.

Posting here since I can't find a dedicated health care/insurance thread: Is Tricare Reserve Select generally the way to go for ANG members? Background: O-3, unmarried/no kids, good health, PCing in a few weeks. Much appreciated.

Depends on what your new employer is willing to offer you. Most companies cover a large chunk of the cost for just the employee, but (in my experience) when you throw in the spouse/kids is when TRS can become a better deal.

Thanks Chim...

Not sure if you had something like sleep apnea, if they would pay you disability since Big Blue is no longer paying all of your medical expenses like on active duty; even though sleep apnea isn't something they would medically discharge you for, thought maybe they would compensate you to help with potential bills

Not sure how this game works, don't cut my balls off, just curious

You can get disability while in the guard. You just have to pay it back when you're on orders, be it for a month or for a tdy. I'm not sure about drill status. You can be a technician and receive disability. This should be covered in your TAP class if the instructors aren't worthless. I'm assuming yours were.

I didn't ask about medical coverage. And no. I don't claim disability.

Well finally figured it out and thanks for all the responses.

Next issue, getting gained. Just like the PC process, it can be expedited if you call the right people and keep kicking the can down the road. My DOS was 15 aug, swore in on the 16th, paperwork went to the NGB on the 18th. Anyone know the exact process and who would be the first line to call and speed it up so I can start flying?

Watch out claiming disability and trying to fly for the airlines. Some of them want you to disclose what you are "disabled for" and if you are getting compensation.

Palace front here....my biggest issue is getting scrolled. I was added to the scroll list in may and the ISR at my last base (on terminal now) still is saying he doesn't know if my scroll will happen by my 29 sep DOS and says it might be Oct or Nov.....yet other guys I know are added after and already scrolled.....

Palace front here....my biggest issue is getting scrolled. I was added to the scroll list in may and the ISR at my last base (on terminal now) still is saying he doesn't know if my scroll will happen by my 29 sep DOS and says it might be Oct or Nov.....yet other guys I know are added after and already scrolled.....

My ISR said she could call AFRC and have them move my scroll date back from the day she input it. Maybe my ISR just has connections or maybe they all know this but the point is...it's possible

Well it's all about who you talk to. The chief super in the sq made a call and all of a sudden I will be gained today.

Anyone look at their 214 yet? I graduated under an ROTC scholarship and the box on the 214 says no. Don't really care...unless it is preventing me from a future benefit.

Thread Revival.

Just curious if anyone has any idea on the end routing of Palace Chase. My app is currently waiting on SAF/PC for approval. I am curious if anyone knows if that hard part is over or if that is a common place for disapproval?

Thread Revival.

Just curious if anyone has any idea on the end routing of Palace Chase. My app is currently waiting on SAF/PC for approval. I am curious if anyone knows if that hard part is over or if that is a common place for disapproval?

It is the only office that can approve or disapprove your Palace Chase.

Anybody else out there denied for FY14 VSP and applying for standard Palace Chase? While I wait for SAF/PC to make a decision, I'm just curious of what my chances are.

2005 11B

2 yrs ADSC remaining (UPT and GI Bill Xfer)

Already hired by a Reserve unit (did anyone attach a letter to their application?)

SQ/WG recommend approval

Letter not necessary if your 1288 is filled out with your gaining unit info. Can't hurt to have one I'm sure, but completed 1288 seems to be the key in getting approved. Unless you're within a year or your AFSC/year group is showing an overage, your functional will not recommend, but I'd say you still have a pretty good shot. Good luck.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Letter not necessary if your 1288 is filled out with your gaining unit info. Can't hurt to have one I'm sure, but completed 1288 seems to be the key in getting approved. Unless you're within a year or your AFSC/year group is showing an overage, your functional will not recommend, but I'd say you still have a pretty good shot. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. My ISR said that the 2nd endorsement would not be completed until I actually get approved. I do have the unit, base, and position number on that section of the 1288....

I'll try to get a hire letter to attach with it just in case.

Good idea. Just shows how much ISR procedures vary. My 1288 had all 3 endorsements completed when I submitted. Also, it can sit at AFPC going thru their wickets for a long time, have your CC or someone with full CMS access check on it and it will show who it is sitting with, their email and a phone number. I knew my functional and he did the leg work in getting it through all the stops in less than a week. Find something that works for you and keep on them so it can get to SAF/PC. They used to meet and review packages every other Wed, not sure if that timeline has changed.

Gents, what's the deal with TAMP...do we get it or not when approved for PC? I have not been able to get a solid answer from anyone and can't figure out what reg provides the guidance on it.

Yes you get tamp. Very easy to sign up once you sign in at your new base

Mish hacker, where u coming from and going? My buddy from BAD is in the same boat.

The SAF office is the last one and it usually takes 7-8 days once it hits there.

Your commander and usually secretary or execs even have full CMS rights. They can put in your CMS # or even social and pull up your case. All those one liners you see saying approved, dissaproved or it's now sitting here, well the previous office probably wrote a paragraph explanation.

For what it's worth, mine was recommended disapproval from the functional who approved a one yr ADSC waiver for another guy in my sq. It's all about numbers to them and how they will justify their end strength to their boss. It's a shit show. I think they just guess half the time. I put a really early date on my PC app so they would be forced to push it to the right and I could set it myself. Don't forget about the 20 days of permissive. MAKE sure finance says yes you get them. The guy at the PC office actually called my cell one afternoon and said he was setting my DOS, what did I want it to be? I said i need 2 weeks to outprocess and 20 days permissive so we set it for 34 days from when he called. BOOM!

Mish, I attached my hire letter to my application.

Also there are two different routings reserves and guard are using. The reserves actually send the 1288 and get all the endorsements before actually applying for PC in vmpf. The guard does all the endorsements after your PC is approved. Weird but whatever.

Gents, what's the deal with TAMP...do we get it or not when approved for PC? I have not been able to get a solid answer from anyone and can't figure out what reg provides the guidance on it.

Like I've said before, a bunch of AD SrA are going to tell you that you don't get it........but you will.

• 3 weeks later...